Sponsored

Trying to change my ride to a Gladiator, but................

Sponsored

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
I don’t know what kind of car you have man, but I’m not aware of any with a trunk big enough to haul the crap I’ve hauled in my JT.

So far I’ve hauled dishwashers, a fridge, a recliner, enough pavers and cement block to build my wife’s pizza oven - not to mention the firewood she need for it afterward, all manner of assorted camping gear for long trips, and a bunch of other similar crap I can’t even remember right now.

I’m not pointing a finger at you with this. This is a general observation I’ve made on multiple forums dealing with multiple items. I think people are weird and just seem to think they need to justify whatever purchases they‘re currently wanting to make by minimizing or demonizing whatever purchases they’ve made before in favor of the new one they want to make. Goes for cars, trucks, guns, you name it. It’s human nature.
Yep, it's confirmation bias - looking for evidence to support what you already believe.

In my case, I have discussions like these specifically to combat that very thing. I know I get my head set on something, and it helps to hear others' perspectives - even dissenting ones.

At the end of the day though, you bring up a good point: why we feel the need to justify everything. Very little about most of our major purchases in life is purely practical. If that were the case, there would be nothing but Priuses on the commuter roads.

Deleted member 28696

Trying to go from a 2019 RAM Lone Star edition 4X4 5.7 Hemi, to a Gladiator, but just can't pull the trigger. The RAM is so nice over the Gladiator in every way and I'm not an off roader, so I just can't see why I want one, but I do. I think for myself I now leaning toward a new RAM Rebel over the Gladiator. I'm now thinking it's the better choice for me.
Don’t let your mind override your heart ❤ I did the same thing with a loaded 2020 Canyon Denali but couldn’t stop wanting a Gladiator. After a trade in I now own a 2021 Gladiator Rubicon which was best decision I could make & I rectified my mistake. I don’t miss any of the bells & whistles I had in the Canyon Denali, this Jeep has everything I could want or need. I’ve customized this vehicle & it’s special IMO.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Hard to beat a rebel. Gladiator is fun. But rebel is much more comfortable.
I had a Rebel for a while

For what you're saying, the Rebel will be better for you

However, there's an intangible fun factor that the Gladiator has that the Rebel does not. But for that fun, you have to deal with "Jeep" things

Sponsored

Skdmarc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave
Occupation
GM
Trying to go from a 2019 RAM Lone Star edition 4X4 5.7 Hemi, to a Gladiator, but just can't pull the trigger. The RAM is so nice over the Gladiator in every way and I'm not an off roader, so I just can't see why I want one, but I do. I think for myself I now leaning toward a new RAM Rebel over the Gladiator. I'm now thinking it's the better choice for me.
Went from a 2019 ram to a Mojave I wanted a convertible loved the ram first thing you will lose a ton of storage space bed size I haven't really noticed I can still throw my kayak and camping equipment in ride quality little nicer in the ram fuel mileage not much but a little better in the Mojave of you don't care about convertible, doors off lifestyle stick with the ram

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Looks like I see a red flag on it.
Each state has a maximum “overhang” limit. That looks like it exceeds the limit in every state.

Regardless of the presence of a flag, In no scenario would that be considered to be a safe haul for a passenger vehicle.

I’m a bit particular when it comes to load placement and retention and I had a commercial drivers license, so yeah…a bit OCD in this area.

Last edited:

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Went from a 2019 ram to a Mojave I wanted a convertible loved the ram first thing you will lose a ton of storage space bed size I haven't really noticed I can still throw my kayak and camping equipment in ride quality little nicer in the ram fuel mileage not much but a little better in the Mojave of you don't care about convertible, doors off lifestyle stick with the ram
Whew! I ran out of breath reading this post!

Jeep Gladiator Trying to change my ride to a Gladiator, but................ 1666106586493