Tube doors or no tube doors

Wall of Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Yes, in the tail light, which is why it ALSO works for cross-path detection in reverse.

From the part listing:
For Jeep Gladiator's that have the factory Blind Spot and Cross Path detection network on-board, this Mopar Blind Spot Sensor will replace a malfunctioning unit found inside the rear tail lamp. No need to replace the entire tail lamp when only the sensor is failing. This unit plugs into the wiring in the tail lamp on either the driver or passenger side and restores the safety features from the factory. Since the computer on board is already familiar with this part, there is no need to flash the system when its installed, so you can get back on the road with having to visit your local dealership.

This is a replacement sensor for factory installed systems. This does not add features to an unequipped vehicle.
I was replying to the comment if blind spot detection still worked with the doors off. Cross path and everything works fine, but at least on mine, when the doors are off, it disables BSM. Not an error, just a note that it's disabled. When I put the doors back on, BSM works fine.
Sponsored

Tankmix1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
If you're looking for a cheaper fix, the EAG doors are really nice. While they won't be confused for Mopar or Warn (I especially like the lockability of the Warn doors), for 300-350 bucks, you can't go wrong. I've had zero issues with my EAG doors.
Appreciate the heads up om the EAG's...was gonna go Rugged Ridge but the look and mirror (as you mention) flipped the deal...Thx

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Mopar tube doors here, got a great deal and they complete the look and very functional, but yes no mirrors is not ideal.

Bruce

Jeep Gladiator Tube doors or no tube doors {filename}

Wall of Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Mopar tube doors here, got a great deal and they complete the look and very functional, but yes no mirrors is not ideal.

Bruce

Jeep Gladiator Tube doors or no tube doors {filename}
It was posted in another thread, but ATV mirrors with a 2" tube mount work great on those doors. Just make sure you get one that can mount on a horizontal bar, as there isn't enough space on the upper corner vertical bar.
Jeep Gladiator Tube doors or no tube doors 20200731_165454
Jeep Gladiator Tube doors or no tube doors 20200731_165541

Red Hot Sloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
A little late to the party, but I like it with tube doors.
EAG, set came with mirrors. I’m in SoCal so no need to garage it for the most part. Only put the regular doors and top back on for about a week and a half while we were out of town last month.
Jeep Gladiator Tube doors or no tube doors E8410E5D-5FB7-461B-A34A-E14A3F7863B2

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
For us, it's dogs. So rear only.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I am still holding out for actual real half doors w/uppers that work.....but I think i will be long gone if/when Jeep decides to bring them back. :(

I had tube doors on my JK and maybe used them twice....just didn't see the point....doorless with mirrors was essentially the same thing but cheaper. But i dont have kids and it was a 2dr so the Dog was fine.

CaptainRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubican
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Not sure I see the point of tube doors other than a decent mirror or kids but ymmv.
I agree with you. Unfortunately, my wife, who for years rode on the back of my Harley, refuses to ride my JT without doors.

What a shame. I'm going to miss her.

Last edited:

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Ribicon
Vehicle Showcase
No doors for me.....I have had a Jeep for 20 years....garage kept so over a 20 year period I would venture to say doors have been on my Jeeps maybe 20% of that time....oh and no tube doors. If I want to feel confined I would keep doors on and roll the windows down...
Sponsored