Sponsored

Uconnect system glitches

ArmyJeepGuy666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
So I’ve been having this weird radio glitching that happens on my 7in screen...anyone else having this issue? Looks like the screen is fine when using radio/XM/USB music but apply CarPlay/android auto streams with weird split-second glitches every few minutes, sometimes even several times per minute.

I had taken it to the dealer once before and they said “we don’t seem to have a fix for it, hopefully in the future they release a software update”. I worked with JeepCares and the fca customer care email reps, who told me to drop it off again. When I did, the lady working there said “I don’t know why, but I noticed when they are getting ready to push out a radio update, people’s screens will glitch up or freeze up..or back camera will freeze” etc etc.

Im curious to know what everyone’s experiences are out there, and what everyone thinks of the bullshit they’re trying to feed me. Is it worth arguing to have them order a replacement radio unit?
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. I actually just picked my jt up from the dealer and they’re ordering me a new radio. I had it looked at once before and they did an update. The problem persisted and they asked me to record it. After explaining to them that’s impossible unless they’re providing me a gopro or something to record while I drive since i wont be... they said if it persists to bring it back. I did today and like I said, a new radio is on order.

Take it up with your dealer as a warranty issue and don’t let them say no.

OP
OP
ArmyJeepGuy666

ArmyJeepGuy666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Yep. I actually just picked my jt up from the dealer and they’re ordering me a new radio. I had it looked at once before and they did an update. The problem persisted and they asked me to record it. After explaining to them that’s impossible unless they’re providing me a gopro or something to record while I drive since i wont be... they said if it persists to bring it back. I did today and like I said, a new radio is on order.

Take it up with your dealer as a warranty issue and don’t let them say no.
Yeah, Im going to insist they need to order a replacement radio unit.

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
This radio is awful

I’m on my second one and this is starting to randomly reboot on me. It’s also randomly disconnecting my phone when it’s connected by usb cable

OP
OP
ArmyJeepGuy666

ArmyJeepGuy666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
This radio is awful

I’m on my second one and this is starting to randomly reboot on me. It’s also randomly disconnecting my phone when it’s connected by usb cable
yah I had that happen at first but it went away after a week or two. Now I just have this persistent side to side glitching that will happen on the radio every few min. Took it to the dealer and had the part replaced that controls streaming stuff from your phone, although its still happening. I want them to replace the whole freaken radio unit.
Sponsored