Ultimate 1st World Problem with Autostart

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Now that its in the 40s when I wake up and go to work, the autostart is becoming as handy as it is during the AZ summer. However, it's really annoying that I have to preset the temperature before I get out of the car the night before

I guess if I lived somewhere without 40° swings daily it wouldn't be so much of an issue
Sponsored

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
My 1st purchase was an ESS bypass, couldn't reuse the one from my GC ...

OP
OP
Orange01z28

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I should have been more clear. Not ESS, but remote start

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
Mine has auto climate control, so I leave it set to around 70 and am good. Still waiting on cool weather here in Houston to try out the heater, but understand the seat heaters come on automatically in cold weather with the remote start.

OP
OP
Orange01z28

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Mine has auto climate control, so I leave it set to around 70 and am good. Still waiting on cool weather here in Houston to try out the heater, but understand the seat heaters come on automatically in cold weather with the remote start.
I guess it must not be cold enough here for that. I would think below 45 would warrant seat and wheel heaters to come on

Sponsored

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
I guess it must not be cold enough here for that. I would think below 45 would warrant seat and wheel heaters to come on
It is page 21 in my 2021 manual. It is activated below 40 degrees. For the heated seats to come on, it says you have to set it in UConnect.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I love the remote start, just wish it didn't have to beep. Again first world problem, but I don't want a beep in the garage early in the morning, or announcing to the parking lot that I'm starting the truck. I guess the razer could take care of that though

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I love the remote start, just wish it didn't have to beep. Again first world problem, but I don't want a beep in the garage early in the morning, or announcing to the parking lot that I'm starting the truck. I guess the razer could take care of that though
I believe if you go to settings on console you can disable the audible beeps.

Sponsored

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
You can turn off the beep in the settings.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I always leave mine on auto - year-round.
Our temps can go from 25 to 75 in a single day. Wake up with frost, that afternoon you are walking around in shorts.

I thought seat heaters can be set in the settings - if you want them on or not when you start it remotely. You can for sure choose to have them on during any start if it's under 40 or something like that. The problem is that if the prior day was 80 degrees when you drove it and the next morning it's 28 - it won't come on because it's stuck on that 80 outside temp.
Sponsored