Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2020 Challenger HC
Occupation
IT
Hello all,
Picked up my new Mojave earlier this week (pics to follow). Love it but seems to have some issues. I will be taking it to the dealer but thought I would ask. About every other time when I hit the button to start it, it just turns over but does not start. Warm or cold does not matter. It will just keep spinning until you hit the button again to stop it. When you hit the button a second time it fires right up. Does this about half the time.

Other issue (might be related) is the auto shut off feature has only worked once since I got it. Now I hate this feature so this is not a complaint but obviously something is not right.

I will be making an appointment with my local dealer next week (really hate this) but thought maby someone has experienced this. If it is a simple fix and I don't have to take it to the dealer that would be great (really do not want those monkeys working on my jeep if I can help it).
Thanks for your time.

Varooom
Sponsored

VolInGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Gladiator Overland
Hello all,
Picked up my new Mojave earlier this week (pics to follow). Love it but seems to have some issues. I will be taking it to the dealer but thought I would ask. About every other time when I hit the button to start it, it just turns over but does not start. Warm or cold does not matter. It will just keep spinning until you hit the button again to stop it. When you hit the button a second time it fires right up. Does this about half the time.

Other issue (might be related) is the auto shut off feature has only worked once since I got it. Now I hate this feature so this is not a complaint but obviously something is not right.

I will be making an appointment with my local dealer next week (really hate this) but thought maby someone has experienced this. If it is a simple fix and I don't have to take it to the dealer that would be great (really do not want those monkeys working on my jeep if I can help it).
Thanks for your time.

Varooom
No idea on the starting issue, but it’s new, so let the dealer worry about it. The auto stop/start apparently has a bunch of factors that determine when it works. Mine works about half of the time and says it’s not ready the other half. I have three cars with the feature, hate it on all of them, but the Jeep has the most random functionality of them all.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Try charging the batteries and see if it makes any difference. Also, check the fuse box and make sure all the fuses and relays are properly seated.

OP
OP
Varooom

Varooom

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Shall do!!!
Thank you.

dotScratchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave
Congrats on the new Mojave! I just bought one myself. I've also noticed that the auto start/stop wasn't working very often. Like you, I didn't mind lol. Today was the warmest day since I bought mine and noticed that the start/stop engaged considerably more. I'm wondering if it was caused by the colder weather and the engine/cab taking longer to get to proper temperatures. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

OP
OP
Varooom

Varooom

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Well, dealer can't see it for about 2 weeks as they are booked up.
The not starting is getting worse and is 9 out of 10 starts. The only thing I can do when this happens is hit the start button again to get it to stop cranking then hit the button again. It always starts immediately on second try. No codes.

The stop feature works ocasionally but really no concern as I have trained myself to turn it off every time after it starts.

Well I have 2 weeks so I am just going to check connections and keep messing with it, maby I will get lucky. I did push down all the fuses and charged the batteries. Really a shame because everything else is just perfect. If any of yall think of something to check please let me know.

I have aux switches, CAI, and cat back
Jeep Gladiator UPDATE 2023 Mojave not start? DSC02009.JPG
exhaust to install but do not want to until after the dealer sees it. No doubt they would blame it on the intake or switches.

Thanks for your time,
Varooom

OP
OP
Varooom

Varooom

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Finally got it in to the dealer.
They said it is fairly common, the fuel pump is leaking down. Another fuel pump will fix it. Of course they have to order it and it could be a few weeks.
Just thought I would share.
Varooom

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Finally got it in to the dealer.
They said it is fairly common, the fuel pump is leaking down. Another fuel pump will fix it. Of course they have to order it and it could be a few weeks.
Just thought I would share.
Varooom
At least they figured it out. Hopefully the repair goes smooth.

Light

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
Occupation
Regional molecular geneticist
I just picked mine up a week ago no problems not start stop but will look out for this issue thanks for the heads up

OP
OP
Varooom

Varooom

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Got the fuel pump replaced under warranty yesterday. So far so good.
Varooom
Sponsored