Upgraded headlights to OEM LED

Chazsquatch

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT
Did the OEM LED headlight conversion. Had a friend do the wiring. I felt it was above my skill set to do on my own. LOL. Replacing the headlights themselves is straight forward. Wiring to the BCM is a complete pain. Adding the wiring harness to the headlights is easy but once you get to the cab part that’s where the real fun begins. LOL. Unfortunately i didn’t get any pics of the cab portion. Space is a little tight. Might think about removing the passenger seat to give yourself extra room if you’re thinking about doing it yourself. Waiting on a tazer to arrive to do the programming so the high beams and halos function properly but at least the low beams function as they should. I forgot how well LEDs work. The difference is huge from the halogen. Definitely recommend the upgrade.

FCEA95C4-23C8-4C84-9188-9E8E14047AEC.jpeg

52EC5721-5A0D-432E-B8E5-78D28BE75936.jpeg

4C467ED9-F96E-46E5-BC95-C58CAAA7485E.jpeg

FD93B3A4-72E3-454B-9F5D-9AB495733215.jpeg

C9317C61-6720-4D05-BD67-D58F69B5ED67.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Chazsquatch

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT
Nice. Where'd you get them from?
Northridge 4x4 had them in stock for $775. Figured i was spending at least that much OEM or not so might as well get OEM.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Nice! Did you do the tail lights, too? Or did you spec the blind spot option that comes with them?

OP
OP

Chazsquatch

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT
Nice! Did you do the tail lights, too? Or did you spec the blind spot option that comes with them?
Just the OEM headlights but LED taillights are on my list. I just have a pretty basic rubicon that came with the halogens. No extra safety features.

Sponsored

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
Just the OEM headlights but LED taillights are on my list. I just have a pretty basic rubicon that came with the halogens. No extra safety features.
I’m in the same boat with a similar build. I ask because I have been considering picking up a set of the non blind spot LED tail lights and retrofitting. Hoping for a painless install but honestly haven’t looked too far into it just yet. Hoping someone else dives in first! ;)

For what it’s worth, @AllMoparParts.com has some good pricing on new OEM goodies. He priced out some LED tails for me.

OP
OP

Chazsquatch

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT
Sweet. I’ll check it out.

If you go for the swap just know you’ll either need to go to the dealership to get it flashed or get a taser to program for the LED. My bright and halos wouldn’t work correctly until i got the taser.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
Sweet. I’ll check it out.

If you go for the swap just know you’ll either need to go to the dealership to get it flashed or get a taser to program for the LED. My bright and halos wouldn’t work correctly until i got the taser.
Thanks for the tip. I figure it best to go ahead and get a Tazer when the time comes. We'll eventually get to the lift and tires after warranty runs out and Tazer will be helpful.

Short of that, I'm hoping for a mainly plug and play for the OEM LED tails. Hopefully nothing like you saw with your headlights.

OP
OP

Chazsquatch

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT
It’ll be awhile before i get to the taillights. Let me know what you find if you get to it before i do.

Dave S

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport s
Occupation
Sales Manager
Thanks for the tip. I figure it best to go ahead and get a Tazer when the time comes. We'll eventually get to the lift and tires after warranty runs out and Tazer will be helpful.

Short of that, I'm hoping for a mainly plug and play for the OEM LED tails. Hopefully nothing like you saw with your headlights.
Contact quadratec. They now offer the oem led taillights
Sponsored