First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 WRX, 2017 Forester XT, 2021 JTO
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Nice! Do you notice a large difference in ride between the max toe and overland? I've only ever driven an overland but know there are suspension differences.
Sponsored

sirpercy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport
My Rubicon didn't come with it, but it was nothing that $326.81 couldn't fix. Ordered PN#PSVENTRYJTBSM from MoparOnlineParts.com and spent an hour installing them. Love having them back. Congrats on the beautiful new Snazzberry JT!
I had no idea this existed. Thanks for the heads up. Now to see if my sport has the wiring needed...

OP
OP
TheLunk

TheLunk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Overland Snazzberry (traded in 2020 Max Tow)
Nice! Do you notice a large difference in ride between the max toe and overland? I've only ever driven an overland but know there are suspension differences.
I put in about 60 miles so far on the Overland... It's difficult to say for sure, but I -feel- like the Overland has a softer ride, and a bit sharper handling... Could just be confirmation bias tho :)

I wouldn't call it night-and-day difference by any means...

OP
OP
TheLunk

TheLunk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had no idea this existed. Thanks for the heads up. Now to see if my sport has the wiring needed...
Took a while for this kit to come about... Was on my "I should do that" list for a while...

Just a heads-up, there are some threads on here in the forums that seemed to read its a bear to install, particularly if you have big ham-hands like mine... And then you need to have a dealership who can flash the appropriate codes for your into your VIN profile... When I tried to find one in my area, I got answers from "we dont do that" to "what are you talking about?". :)

sirpercy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport
Took a while for this kit to come about... Was on my "I should do that" list for a while...

Just a heads-up, there are some threads on here in the forums that seemed to read its a bear to install, particularly if you have big ham-hands like mine... And then you need to have a dealership who can flash the appropriate codes for your into your VIN profile... When I tried to find one in my area, I got answers from "we dont do that" to "what are you talking about?". :)
I did just check the wires and I have the required pins on my driver's side connector....guess this is going on the wish list....Jeeps: there's always something to upgrade

Sponsored

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I did just check the wires and I have the required pins on my driver's side connector....guess this is going on the wish list....Jeeps: there's always something to upgrade
This is a great mod. There are several threads on here about the installation, which is pretty straightforward. There’s even a member, @DC3 , that will loan you a programmer to add the codes to the JT to make it work.

Kevin

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Traded in my 2020 Sport S Max Tow today, with just over three years behind the wheel.

Picked up a 2022 Overland in snazzberry.

I can -finally- stop regretting not having the proximity unlock function :)

IMG_20220623_150651.jpg
Absolutely great looking Snazzbery Overland! Get ready for many, many compliments on that color choice! :like:

Sponsored

Cavitt

First Name
Cavitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR; 1998 Mercedes SL600
I'm guessing that you'll be good. You will either need a zautomotive Tazer (I used my Tazer) or the dealer to enable the functionality, but the wiring is super simple. Reach out if you have any questions.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Traded in my 2020 Sport S Max Tow today, with just over three years behind the wheel.

Picked up a 2022 Overland in snazzberry.

I can -finally- stop regretting not having the proximity unlock function :)

IMG_20220623_150651.jpg
I am officially envious. When I ordered May 2nd, snazzberry was removed from the order screen, Could not order it in may. I asked him to look again and he sent me pictures of the order screens - it simply wasn't even there.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I just figured out the person with the fob doesn't have to touch the handle to open it. My wife was standing beside me and opened the door Saturday. When I asked her how she did that and told her the fob was in MY pocket she said, "Silly, do you think some electrical force travels from the fob to your hand?" It's about proximity. :)
It goes by what zone or side of the vehicle the fob is on. If you are on the right and she's on the left, she couldn't open it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
They all do - all you need are the handle parts and the door harness. Then you can change the settings in the BCM using any software product like JSCAN, AlfaOBD or even a tazer.

If you use the software, you need to make all 4 changes.
If you use tazer, it assumes the first two for you if you select the others.

AP1 Left front > smart switch

AP2 right front > smart switch

Passive entry present > yes/ active

Passive entry CSM > yes/ active

I added it to my Overland almost 2 years ago and used the software to make those settings.
I then had a local dealer add the sales code GXD to my vin so any future updates or flashes would not undo those settings.

OP
OP
TheLunk

TheLunk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am officially envious. When I ordered May 2nd, snazzberry was removed from the order screen, Could not order it in may. I asked him to look again and he sent me pictures of the order screens - it simply wasn't even there.
The outside temps showing on the system in their on-the-lot pictures made me think that this truck had been onhand since maybe April? The dealership is a bit out-of-the-way... Might have been the only snazberry Overland I saw locally available...
Sponsored