Used 7 inch Radio Questions

Jobofly

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2022 JTM
I have a 5 inch radio, If i buy from someone who pulled a 7 inch radio out of their gladiator, will it be locked? Do i need an unlock code?

Also will it work with the current backup camera?
Sponsored

Mando653

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
Airport parking
Ever find an answer to this ?

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
Ever find an answer to this ?
Yes, as far as I know you will need a PIN. If you are buying a used one make sure it comes with it. I think the dealer can get you the pin from your truck and radio, but I don't think that will work if you put in a radio from another truck as the whole point is to prevent theft.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
It will work. The security pin like mentioned can be had from the dealership but some dealerships get weird on the subject and may or may not give it to you. There is online services if you google or through Ebay that offer the service of getting you the pin for a nominal cost.

You are going to also need the trim bezel. Also, since you are coming from the 5" base radio, you will only have hand volume , channel select and input control from the steering wheel unless you upgrade to HVAC controller that has the volume radio control knobs on it that comes standard on vehicles that have the 7.0 and 8.4 radios.

Lastly, you will get no dealer support for any 7.0 radio updates if they are out there. Uconnect website is also spotty on offering any downloads when the become available.
Sponsored