First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Has anyone tried to sell used gladiator privately or trade in? I am curious what the pricing is like for 2020 with low mileage and 10k+ of tasteful mods?? :)
Sponsored

crawlzone207

First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JTRD, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Own Brandywine Graphics
Has anyone tried to sell used gladiator privately or trade in? I am curious what the pricing is like for 2020 with low mileage and 10k+ of tasteful mods?? :)
My dealer bought mine back for the same price I paid and threw an extra $600 dollars in. Had 21K on the odometer.

OP
OP

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
My dealer bought mine back for the same price I paid and threw an extra $600 dollars in. Had 21K on the odometer.
How much did you get and which model?

Atch

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Painter
Punch in your info on Carvana, Carmax, Vroom. Easy way to see what the market is like.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Here in my area the carvana price dropped a lot used to be what I paid now it’s under that by 5,000

Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just ran it through Carvana 6 month ago the offered 52,000 for my Mojave now it’s 44,500

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I tried Carvana, Vroom and one other a few months ago. Prices offered for my 2021 Willys with 6k miles and a sticker of $49725 ranged from $42k all the way down to $36k.

OP
OP

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I wasn’t really posting for carvana advice. I did that and it’s a joke. I am curious what people are seeing on actual trade in and privately selling.

UM_Ftown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ
I wasn’t really posting for carvana advice. I did that and it’s a joke. I am curious what people are seeing on actual trade in and privately selling.
How are they a joke if that’s an actual value based on your zip code? Would more than like be similar to local trade in values. Private party look up NADA and KBB based on your location.

The market is still volatile and greatly depends on your location and the market in that location. I’m sure the value of 4x4s in the northern states are going up while sport cars are declining in value.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Hate to break it to you OP, but your mods might not add any value to your JT.

I have been seeing that dealers in my area are pricing used Gladiators at or above original MSRP for those with a few thousand miles on them. My estimate is that they paid roughly 15% under that for it. That of course, is also somewhere between a guess and a joke, depending on where you're standing.

Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should never count on MODs adding value unless it’s an engine upgrade like you out a Hemi in it and you still won’t get what you paid. At least with a smart buyer

OP
OP

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Hate to break it to you OP, but your mods might not add any value to your JT.

I have been seeing that dealers in my area are pricing used Gladiators at or above original MSRP for those with a few thousand miles on them. My estimate is that they paid roughly 15% under that for it. That of course, is also somewhere between a guess and a joke, depending on where you're standing.
I know this historically is true. I am seeing an interesting trend on eBay and Craigslist where lifted with bigger tires JTs used are 55k-60k. I am curious what people are getting for JTs that are modded.

I am running mopar lift with Adjustable falcon shocks, rockslide power steps, some cosmetic stuff and 35 on 20s. Nice setup. My gladiator replacement is 59k now MSRP, rubi basically fully loaded. Curious with 10k in mods, can I get 55k for mine?

OP
OP

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
How are they a joke if that’s an actual value based on your zip code? Would more than like be similar to local trade in values. Private party look up NADA and KBB based on your location.

The market is still volatile and greatly depends on your location and the market in that location. I’m sure the value of 4x4s in the northern states are going up while sport cars are declining in value.
Because Carvana price has margin built into it to make money. Its hard to find historical sales/trade in information hence why I am starting a post asking what people have seen.

OP
OP

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
You should never count on MODs adding value unless it’s an engine upgrade like you out a Hemi in it and you still won’t get what you paid. At least with a smart buyer
I wouldnt qualify buyer as stupid for paying extra for mods. I mean if you are buying a jeep to lift it and put bigger tires, you are going to pay extra for those upgrades as you know what those costs. You are getting it built into price, pretty good deal.

So I paid 55k for mine new, have roughly 10k+ in upgrades. JT looks great and only has 10k miles.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Curious with 10k in mods, can I get 55k for mine?
Hmmm.. I can see why a Jeep store would be inclined to pay a bit more for it as they can quickly flip it in this market.

Prices are based based on location and market demand. CarMax will usually give you a written offer, not a guestimate, for free and 0 obligation. If you have a few hours to spare I would take it in to get a ballpark estimate. You can then leverage that with a traditional dealer to see if they'd be willing to budge.
Sponsored