Used Rubicon Fair Price

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
So will doing some looking around I ran across a Used Rubicon for Sale. It has about 6500 miles on it. It appears from what I can tell that the owner traded it in assuming on something else. Its not heavily loaded but it does have 8.4, aux switches, tow package, spray in bedliner and a few other things along with standard items on Rubicon.
The owner looks like they did some things to the truck like a lift and side steps, bed cover (Soft Roll Up). They didn't put larger tires though still the standard rubicon tires. Still has standard bumpers.
Dealership is asking $46500 for it and the Window Sticker MSRP is $49500. Just my thoughts they are asking to much for the truck being its got 6500 miles on it. But if they would perhaps come down on the price I might consider it as I don't have an issue with something with some low mileage on it if its checks out ok and no issues. With my budget it might be the only way I could touch on a Rubicon assuming they would lower their asking price.
Sponsored

Cwelroy

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Healthcare
Just to clarify— your title says “Overland,” and your message says “Rubicon.” Which is it? You can get more of a killer deal on a new overland than $3000 off MSRP, so I wouldn’t do it for that. I’ve seen some Overlands listed at the dealer where I got mine for $9k under MSRP. (51k down to 42k).

If it’s a Rubicon, you can probably get a better deal new as well. I got about $4000 off MSRP on my rubicon AND it also had 35” nitto trail grappler tires, the Mopar lift with fox shocks, and Mopar beadlock rims. Their initial asking price was $9k over MSRP due to the upgrades. And, again, I got it $13k less than that ask. Brand new.

Your best bet is finding someone who deals in volume. They are more willing to take less. Hope that helps.

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to clarify— your title says “Overland,” and your message says “Rubicon.” Which is it? You can get more of a killer deal on a new overland than $3000 off MSRP, so I wouldn’t do it for that. I’ve seen some Overlands listed at the dealer where I got mine for $9k under MSRP. (51k down to 42k).

If it’s a Rubicon, you can probably get a better deal new as well. I got about $4000 off MSRP on my rubicon AND it also had 35” nitto trail grappler tires, the Mopar lift with fox shocks, and Mopar beadlock rims. Their initial asking price was $9k over MSRP due to the upgrades. And, again, I got it $13k less than that ask. Brand new.

Your best bet is finding someone who deals in volume. They are more willing to take less. Hope that helps.
Not sure how they hell that got past me but it was a Rubicon and I made a change to the thread title

gonzoy5

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Dropping info for reference. A buddy just got a 8k mile (or so) Launch Edition for 49k (sticker) on Carvana. Last month I got a loaded Rubi (Original 59k sticker, really only missing camera and color match fenders) with 2500 miles for 48k. I'm not a dealer defender, I think the value at that point is really in the Rubicon and less of the options, so they might be close on price, but Clearly try to haggle down as much as you can. That said, that's a solid price that I'd be looking to jump on so don't sleep on it too long at that price.

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dropping info for reference. A buddy just got a 8k mile (or so) Launch Edition for 49k (sticker) on Carvana. Last month I got a loaded Rubi (Original 59k sticker, really only missing camera and color match fenders) with 2500 miles for 48k. I'm not a dealer defender, I think the value at that point is really in the Rubicon and less of the options, so they might be close on price, but Clearly try to haggle down as much as you can. That said, that's a solid price that I'd be looking to jump on so don't sleep on it too long at that price.
I saw that one on Carvana you are talking about. It wasn't up there long I don't think. I am giving it a good look. Am going to talk to dealer tomorrow about a Sport S Max Tow so guess depends on what price they give me. I know the Rubicon's hold value well and it seems that the original owner did some additions to the vehicle but they aren't listed on the dealership but I can see them in the photos.

Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Doing a quick nationwide search for used Gladiator Rubicons it looks like that's about a standard discount a dealer is offering on a used one. Personally, at those prices I would just buy a brand new one. You could get a brand new Rubicon for only slightly more. For example, Mac Haik in TX, who is a forum sponsor, has this Rubicon listed for 46,699 with a MSRP of 52.100.

Gladiator: https://www.machaik.com/new-Houston-2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Rubicon-1C6JJTBG7LL188457

Window Sticket: https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C6JJTBG7LL188457

I don't live in TX and have no experience with Mac Haik so I'm not endorsing them but just giving an example that brand new trucks with higher MSRP's could be had for around the same price.

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doing a quick nationwide search for used Gladiator Rubicons it looks like that's about a standard discount a dealer is offering on a used one. Personally, at those prices I would just buy a brand new one. You could get a brand new Rubicon for only slightly more. For example, Mac Haik in TX, who is a forum sponsor, has this Rubicon listed for 46,699 with a MSRP of 52.100.

Gladiator: https://www.machaik.com/new-Houston-2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Rubicon-1C6JJTBG7LL188457

Window Sticket: https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C6JJTBG7LL188457

I don't live in TX and have no experience with Mac Haik so I'm not endorsing them but just giving an example that brand new trucks with higher MSRP's could be had for around the same price.
Yea they are not far from my house and I something in that range is outside my budget (LOL). I was just thinking maybe they could come off the price some and I might be able to stretch my budget a bit to get there but probably more so just thinking crazy. I just need to buy one so this damned truck doesn't drive me crazy any longer.

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I hear that. It took me quite a while to get over the sticker shock. I'm no financial advisor, but I'll say that I can't imagine you'd get anyone down far enough on price to make a significant impact on the overall purchase price/payment. If a dealer coming down from 46,000 to 44,000 puts that vehicle in your budget then is it really in your budget after all? There have been plenty of sub 40K deals had on sport S models from what I've seen and they can be a great platform. Many people use that extra savings (over the Rubicon) to throw a lift and tires on and I think those Sport S's with a lift and tires look better than my stock Rubi for sure!

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear that. It took me quite a while to get over the sticker shock. I'm no financial advisor, but I'll say that I can't imagine you'd get anyone down far enough on price to make a significant impact on the overall purchase price/payment. If a dealer coming down from 46,000 to 44,000 puts that vehicle in your budget then is it really in your budget after all? There have been plenty of sub 40K deals had on sport S models from what I've seen and they can be a great platform. Many people use that extra savings (over the Rubicon) to throw a lift and tires on and I think those Sport S's with a lift and tires look better than my stock Rubi for sure!
That is actually more along the lines of what I was looking at going talk to a local dealer tomorrow see where they at on things for a Sport S. If I can get it in around $36K would leave me with about $4000 to do some upgrades. This Rubicon just looked interesting cause it looked like the previous owner had done somethings like lift, etc to it already

gonzoy5

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I saw that one on Carvana you are talking about. It wasn't up there long I don't think. I am giving it a good look. Am going to talk to dealer tomorrow about a Sport S Max Tow so guess depends on what price they give me. I know the Rubicon's hold value well and it seems that the original owner did some additions to the vehicle but they aren't listed on the dealership but I can see them in the photos.
Lol yeah it was on hold for purchase real quick. It fell though and he jumped on it and made it happen.

I was in same boat for a Max Tow build. Best we could find was a nicely built one at about 46k. Then this Rubi showed up and after running a few numbers on mods to the Sport S the Rubi just made more sense. Good luck!
Sponsored