First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Dad
The wife and I were lucky to have a set of grandparents watch our 18 month old for a few days, a few weeks ago.

Got drawn for passes to The Wave which is in northern AZ. You actually drive through part of Utah to get to it.

That part of the world is truly stunning. It doesn’t matter where you look - it’s beautiful. Hiked around 10 miles and didn’t see everything.

The Gladiator performed like I expected! Loved getting to go through sand and dirt. Even the Missus had fun driving off road! We put around 800 miles on the clock and only cracked the windshield 5 miles from home (typical). Nearly had to pull some other tourists out of a sand track. HUGE signs saying 4x4 high clearance only. They were in a Prius and made it 200 yards…

28D6226F-BAD8-4860-AB79-E6BA979AFB20.jpeg

2AC2FE73-489D-4F48-B233-9EDE097E98E9.jpeg

2E729F0D-9D1A-4836-ABF3-25F0C2528AAD.jpeg
Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Beautiful scenery. I'm jealous, there's nothing like that around here.

OP
OP
DCPHOENIX

DCPHOENIX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Dad
Beautiful scenery. I'm jealous, there's nothing like that around here.
I love Arizona. I’ve lived in a lot of places around the world but my heart feels like it belongs here. As long as you can cope with living in Hell for 5 months - Phoenix isn’t too bad haha

Sponsored

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
The wife and I were lucky to have a set of grandparents watch our 18 month old for a few days, a few weeks ago.

Got drawn for passes to The Wave which is in northern AZ. You actually drive through part of Utah to get to it.

That part of the world is truly stunning. It doesn’t matter where you look - it’s beautiful. Hiked around 10 miles and didn’t see everything.

The Gladiator performed like I expected! Loved getting to go through sand and dirt. Even the Missus had fun driving off road! We put around 800 miles on the clock and only cracked the windshield 5 miles from home (typical). Nearly had to pull some other tourists out of a sand track. HUGE signs saying 4x4 high clearance only. They were in a Prius and made it 200 yards…

Jeep Gladiator Vermillion Cliffs - The Wave 2E729F0D-9D1A-4836-ABF3-25F0C2528AAD

Jeep Gladiator Vermillion Cliffs - The Wave 2E729F0D-9D1A-4836-ABF3-25F0C2528AAD

That’s awesome! Please tell me how to get drawn for the wave. I was told you have to do it in person in Kanab. Is there an easier way? I’ve been to White Pocket but still want to see the wave.

OP
OP
DCPHOENIX

DCPHOENIX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Dad
That’s awesome! Please tell me how to get drawn for the wave. I was told you have to do it in person in Kanab. Is there an easier way? I’ve been to White Pocket but still want to see the wave.
As of last week I believe, they’ve moved to doing what was the in person lottery, to online! Now you can apply two days before instead of having to physically show up at Kanab. Maybe that means more people will apply but it also means you don’t have to, you know, go to Kanab!

The wife actually applied 3 months before we went. Not thinking that we’d get it but we did. Some people wait years to get dates to line up etc.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
It still kinda sucks. You have to be in the Page/Kanab vicinity when you sign up and pay a $9 application fee. Then if you get drawn it’s another $7 per person and you have to pick up the passes in Kanab. Can’t do it from home.
https://thewaveaz.com/self-guided-tour/

OP
OP
DCPHOENIX

DCPHOENIX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Dad
Ah I see. Better, but still not great. When you’re there you do see why they limit the number of people that can go.
Would take a week of unrestricted numbers to completely destroy the delicate formations. Not to mention the numbers of people that would have to be rescued - it’s not the easiest hike

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager
Is it a lottery Just because they don't want people showing up and massing things up?

Sponsored

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Ah I see. Better, but still not great. When you’re there you do see why they limit the number of people that can go.
Would take a week of unrestricted numbers to completely destroy the delicate formations. Not to mention the numbers of people that would have to be rescued - it’s not the easiest hike
I get it. It’s like everything else, everyone gets punished for what idiots do LOL. I also don’t understand why Utah has a stranglehold on it. It’s in Arizona! Oh well

OP
OP
DCPHOENIX

DCPHOENIX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Dad
Is it a lottery Just because they don't want people showing up and massing things up?
I think so.

There’s a load of other stuff to see/do there without the wave pass.

But the 3ish mile hike from the main “trail” to where the wave is located has no signage, zero shade and is tricky in parts. We did it with temps around 45° and caught the sun. Also drank about 1.5l of water each. Doing it in summer would be brutal

OP
OP
DCPHOENIX

DCPHOENIX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Dad
I get it. It’s like everything else, everyone gets punished for what idiots do LOL. I also don’t understand why Utah has a stranglehold on it. It’s in Arizona! Oh well
Haha! Yep society moves at the speed of its slowest participants.

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Damn! You lucky son of a gun. How many times did you have to try the lottery before being picked?

we have tried several times with a no go.

Thanks for sharing the pics. Inspiration to try again.

OP
OP
DCPHOENIX

DCPHOENIX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Dad
Damn! You lucky son of a gun. How many times did you have to try the lottery before being picked?

we have tried several times with a no go.

Thanks for sharing the pics. Inspiration to try again.
Applied online, I think three months out? First try! Didn’t realize how lucky we were!
Sponsored