Video: Modifying Factory Rock Rails

Moriarty

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gobi gas, 2022 JT Willys Gobi gas
Added some tubing to the factory rock sliders in hopes of protecting the body in the rocks. What do you guys think?
Great idea! Now I will be looking for "Take-offs" to do the same.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Smart, there aren't many good rock slider options out there yet so I think this is the best option unless you want to spend $900 for EVOs sliders.
so you selling these now? I don't wanna spend $900 for EVOs either.

OP
OP
TJ Mitchell Films

TJ Mitchell Films

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Welder
i like your beard and the rock sliders!
so you selling these now? I don't wanna spend $900 for EVOs either.
Hey thanks! If you were interested you could send me your factory rock rails and I could add the tubing to them for you. I'm sure shipping would be very expensive though.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey thanks! If you were interested you could send me your factory rock rails and I could add the tubing to them for you. I'm sure shipping would be very expensive though.
might be cheaper to drive to California and help you. I'm wicked with a rattle can! what's your next mod you're planning to do?

OP
OP
TJ Mitchell Films

TJ Mitchell Films

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Welder
might be cheaper to drive to California and help you. I'm wicked with a rattle can! what's your next mod you're planning to do?
So I just finished up building a front bumper out of 1/4” Aluminum plate. I will have a full video of that coming to my YouTube channel soon and pics to my build thread. After that it’s getting a lift and 38” Milestar Patagonias

Sponsored

ucijeepguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, LJ,
Are the JT factory rock rails strong enough to withstand the weight of the vehicle on a rock? I seem to recall the original Rubicon TJs were worthless.

OP
OP
TJ Mitchell Films

TJ Mitchell Films

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Welder
Are the JT factory rock rails strong enough to withstand the weight of the vehicle on a rock? I seem to recall the original Rubicon TJs were worthless.
Yes sir they hold up quite well. I know a few people with JKs that ran the factory rock rails for several years with no issues. We have come a long way since the TJs

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Looks great TJ. Exactly what I want to do with mine, except I want the tube angled upwards slightly. Poison Spyder has pre bent tube kits for doing this to the JK's... Waiting on them to put out something for the JT.

OP
OP
TJ Mitchell Films

TJ Mitchell Films

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Welder
Looks great TJ. Exactly what I want to do with mine, except I want the tube angled upwards slightly. Poison Spyder has pre bent tube kits for doing this to the JK's... Waiting on them to put out something for the JT.
Thanks chance, the only reason I didn’t angle mine up is because I’m hoping if I get off camber on a tight trail the tubing will be sticking out further and prevent it from sliding into a rock
Sponsored