Sponsored

Visor Garage Door Opener

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with you that this isn't even a first world problem.

Every car I've owned over the past 20 years has had a homelink transmitter that was absolutely useless because it stopped transmitting the moment you turned off the car and didn't work until the car was started.

So I simply used the door opener that came with the car, clipped to my visor.

The function of the Tazer has allowed me to store that under the rear seat as a backup.

Of course I could close the door as I am walking into the house. (It is an attached garage with a door into the house).. But since I like to know the door is in fact closed, I would then have to stand around waiting for it to close.

So I want to be able to sstart the door closing before I get out of the car. Which in the past has meant the standard door transmitter on the visor.

This is in no way a justification for the purchase of the Tazer. I'd not spend $300 to allow me to remove the normal door opener from the visor. But it is a nice side benefit of the Tazer.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Get a Chamberlain like I have - you can set it to automatically close xx minutes after being opened, or even check the status on your phone (but then we get into the "I might be hacked" thing so never mind ;) )

I can check the status of my garage door, set it to close at certain times or after a certain time, all from my phone.

Seriously, though - just close the door and watch it go down as you shut the truck off and unbuckle your seat belt.
Life's short - enjoy it. Work smarter, not harder.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Of course I could close the door as I am walking into the house. (It is an attached garage with a door into the house).. But since I like to know the door is in fact closed, I would then have to stand around waiting for it to close.
I added another button just inside the garage door I can hit to open or close the door from the door end, as well as a keypad outside the door to avoid needing to use the one in the vehicles. I'll open the door as I'm driving up, and close it when leaving with the built in openers though...

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
I added another button just inside the garage door I can hit to open or close the door from the door end, as well as a keypad outside the door to avoid needing to use the one in the vehicles. I'll open the door as I'm driving up, and close it when leaving with the built in openers though...
Same here, but I have a coded panel outside too. The builder installed it when we built the house.

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
Garage doors are electric? I was wondering what that large button on my garage wall was. I've been using the red handle on a string for years. 😂

Sponsored

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
I have tried over and over to connect my homelink to the Genie garage opener. Tried both options. Holding down the remote button and using the program option on the Genie. I’m frustrated. Any help?

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Now all we need to do is try to figure out how to eliminate the three-chirp horn when exiting the truck with the engine running. THEN we will be getting somewhere!

Oops. Sorry, wrong thread! :LOL:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The only way I've ever gotten it to work is by holding an original opener remote near the visor and pressing the opener remote button and holding one of the home link buttons, etc.
I had to go out and buy batteries and get a remote working as we haven't used those opener remotes for many years since I have buttons hard-wired in the house to open and close the garage doors. The new opener I can use my phone to open and close.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Now all we need to do is try to figure out how to eliminate the three-chirp horn when exiting the truck with the engine running. THEN we will be getting somewhere!

Mine only chirps if I close the door when I get out. If I don't close/latch the door, it won't chirp.

Sponsored

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Update. GOT IT! I was about to give up but gave the opener box one last try. Finally worked.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Tazer can😉
Sponsored