First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I was really excited to install this as I knew I would be adding stuff to the truck in the future and it would cool to have this already there and ready to go. I already had a bulletproof phone/gopro mount (that I LOVE) and figured this already comes with ball mounts so I should be able to just swap alot of it over.
So as I got going everything was fine, the main box mounted up easily under the hood, it seemed to be well thought out and simple. you do need to fold the windshield down to run a wire from the control box to the switches. This wire just sits in the windshield channel and I didn't really like that. I feel like it is going to eventually warp the seal there and cause a leak or at the very least excessive wind noise. But I figured I could leave it for now, get it going then maybe figure out an alternative solution for that later.
So I got to the actual switch panel and mounting it up, 2 bolts easy mode. But the ball mounts are a bigger size than the Bulletproof stuff so none of that works. Maybe I could buy some sort of adapter or 3D print something... So then that cable that routes through the windshield, you have to securely screw it to the end on the switch panel, they have a cutout in the plastic for you to route the cable through so its not pinched when tightened down. But its on the other end of the panel so now I have to route extra underneath the switches with the connector.
It just seems like they didn't think parts of this out well at all and for the price I expected a little better.
As you can see in this picture the only way to have it look clean is to install the connection underneath the panel, there isnt any sort of gap for the large black wire to fit through so it just kinda presses against the rest of the wiring in there on its way to the cutout. This section of it all doesnt give me confidence.

Jeep Gladiator Voswitch JL200- not loving it 20210415_122731
Sponsored

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
You can send Voswitch an email and they reply back right away. I had an issue with their flimsy tab (received broken) for the storage cubby, and they sent me out a replacement right away, however i went with a mopar cubby which has a more thick tab.

Overall install went well but i agree that quality is lacking; flimsy tabs, loud audible noise especially when using switch as a strobe, and my version doesn't have a dimming feature, but cannot complain about the price. I had SwitchPros and Spod on previous jeeps... but all had their pros and cons from my experience.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
You can send Voswitch an email and they reply back right away. I had an issue with their flimsy tab (received broken) for the storage cubby, and they sent me out a replacement right away, however i went with a mopar cubby which has a more thick tab.

Overall install went well but i agree that quality is lacking; flimsy tabs, loud audible noise especially when using switch as a strobe, and my version doesn't have a dimming feature, but cannot complain about the price. I had SwitchPros and Spod on previous jeeps... but all had their pros and cons from my experience.
unless i can get my bulletproof stuff to work with it and a solution to the windshield wire ill just send it back and start over.

Bacstar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Data Analyst
for the bulletproof stuff... what size ball do you need? Bulletproof have some new ball sizes. Also, Amazon has other ball adapters available. at one time, I was looking at different tablet mounts and saw various ball sizes and adapters.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
That's what I was researching.
So I saw a video where a guy ran a wire through the cowl and in through the door jamb. So I may be able to do that.
As for the balls, the voswitch uses one that measures 25mm. The Bulletproof ball is 20mm.
The voswitch panel ball can be swapped out as long as the replacement fits the slot.
Jeep Gladiator Voswitch JL200- not loving it 20210415_152502

Sponsored

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
I was really excited to install this as I knew I would be adding stuff to the truck in the future and it would cool to have this already there and ready to go. I already had a bulletproof phone/gopro mount (that I LOVE) and figured this already comes with ball mounts so I should be able to just swap alot of it over.
So as I got going everything was fine, the main box mounted up easily under the hood, it seemed to be well thought out and simple. you do need to fold the windshield down to run a wire from the control box to the switches. This wire just sits in the windshield channel and I didn't really like that. I feel like it is going to eventually warp the seal there and cause a leak or at the very least excessive wind noise. But I figured I could leave it for now, get it going then maybe figure out an alternative solution for that later.
So I got to the actual switch panel and mounting it up, 2 bolts easy mode. But the ball mounts are a bigger size than the Bulletproof stuff so none of that works. Maybe I could buy some sort of adapter or 3D print something... So then that cable that routes through the windshield, you have to securely screw it to the end on the switch panel, they have a cutout in the plastic for you to route the cable through so its not pinched when tightened down. But its on the other end of the panel so now I have to route extra underneath the switches with the connector.
It just seems like they didn't think parts of this out well at all and for the price I expected a little better.
As you can see in this picture the only way to have it look clean is to install the connection underneath the panel, there isnt any sort of gap for the large black wire to fit through so it just kinda presses against the rest of the wiring in there on its way to the cutout. This section of it all doesnt give me confidence.
I have the JL300, installed in my Rubicon so I only needed to use the switch panel and like you I did not like the lead going under the windshield.

I found a small grommet in the driver side firewall. I did have to drill a hole threw the plastic panel against the drivers footwell/firewall interior. Not a big deal and you can not see it. Worked really well for my needs.

Jeep Gladiator Voswitch JL200- not loving it voswitch5

Jeep Gladiator Voswitch JL200- not loving it voswitch4

Jeep Gladiator Voswitch JL200- not loving it voswitch3

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I have the JL300, installed in my Rubicon so I only needed to use the switch panel and like you I did not like the lead going under the windshield.

I found a small grommet in the driver side firewall. I did have to drill a hole threw the plastic panel against the drivers footwell/firewall interior. Not a big deal and you can not see it. Worked really well for my needs.

This what I'm talking about right here. Thanks!

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
One last thing. My kit was missing the small fuse tap. Surely autozone or some place has one, right?
Overall I didn't like a few things but if I can get a few of the shortcomings corrected I think it will be ok.
I put the switch panel in place and I like the way they feel. I'm hoping the button on the left isn't junk though.
Jeep Gladiator Voswitch JL200- not loving it 20210416_143347

Sponsored

SNies

First Name
Stefan Nieś
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Somebody has pictures from the relay-box mounted: I have a Euro Eco-Diesel and there seem to be some differences: the airbox is on the driver side unlike my JL CRD

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Well I did get this buttoned up last night. I had to order the fuse tap as nobody had one for the micro 2 fuses locally.
I can already tell that the large button on the left will probably not last as it's not an actual button but sort of like the fingerprint scanner you might have on your phone,, minus the fingerprint part. The other switches feel great and very robust.
The install wasn't hard, I just didn't care for some of their solutions. Running the wires to the battery was the hardest part, that and the panel line through the windshield. I never could get my wipers off. I wanted to hide the wires under the hood the best I could and not have them sag or get melted/pinched.
I don't have any accessories to plug into it yet but at least I have some peace knowing it shouldn't be too difficult to add now.
I did try and do an install video but it just wasn't good enough to publish (wind noise etc). So my plan is to go back do a basic run through of how it's installed with any tips I can offer. I need to find some light brackets for a Mojave and install a few lights that I already have.
I also ordered an adapter so I can use my bulletpoint mounting stuff again.
Overall it seems like a good system with a few loose ends that could use some improving.

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S (FULL PULL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Response Manager
Anyone know why this was discontinued? I can't find a decent upper dash switch bank anywhere. only one left is the Rough Country and it looks like a rebadged knock off.
Sponsored