Warn compared to Mopar Grill Guard

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
I may as well update on my post for this thread. I did get the warn hoop and I really like it even though it's just about made my front hooks unusable. I may still be able to get a tow strap in there. I haven't tried it yet.

Some updated pictures after the install. I does cover up the front camera quite a bit more than I would have liked. The lights are the Baja LP6's.

IMG_2391.JPG

IMG_1147.JPG

IMG_2393.JPG

Disney-213094-HDR.jpg
Looks great, thanks for letting us know that the LP6s fit under the warn low hoop. My thoughts echo yours on the hoop blocking the hooks, makes you wonder if they noticed or cared that their hoop did that. If it didn't I would have bought that hoop months ago.

I think others have been able to fit a soft shackle onto the hook, maybe look into that as well if you'd like to maintain the ability to utilize them with the warn low hoop installed.
Sponsored

KHam

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great, thanks for letting us know that the LP6s fit under the warn low hoop. My thoughts echo yours on the hoop blocking the hooks, makes you wonder if they noticed or cared that their hoop did that. If it didn't I would have bought that hoop months ago.

I think others have been able to fit a soft shackle onto the hook, maybe look into that as well if you'd like to maintain the ability to utilize them with the warn low hoop installed.
I thought it was just lazy engineering. It would be so simple to just add in a "dent" or just have the tube come up more straight from the mount then bend a little forward after the hook area to place it in the same spot at the top. Any of those solutions would have preserved the hook usage. Just 1/4" more would be all you need. I've thought about pressing in a indention there if I knew someone with a hydraulic press that could uniformly do both sides.

M0untainM4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2020 Gladiator, 2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2020 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke
Does anyone here have a picture of the trail cam going up and over a hill/obstacle? The only time I use my trail cam is when I'm climbing up and over something where the vehicle is pointed up. I look at the trail cam and I use it to see what is coming up on the other side. These low bars seem to block the area that I believe is the most important... just over the bumper. I would be interested to see what this looks like going up and over an obstacle.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I just put in my warn 10s platinum yesterday with the warn winch plate. My Mopar small grill guard does not clear the warn Platinum head. Even with washers, it does not clear. I had to order the warn low grill guard and I will remount my mopar lights to the warn.

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
I just put in my warn 10s platinum yesterday with the warn winch plate. My Mopar small grill guard does not clear the warn Platinum head. Even with washers, it does not clear. I had to order the warn low grill guard and I will remount my mopar lights to the warn.
Any pics?

Sponsored

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
That's weird as I have the 12S platinum installed in the Rubicon steel bumper and the mopar winch guard fits just fine....

Screenshot_20210117-132545__01.jpg

tcramer11

First Name
todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Cayenne
Here is the view with my MOPAR hoop and 3rd party LEDs.

Jeep Gladiator Warn compared to Mopar Grill Guard Screenshot_20210117-132545__01

Jeep Gladiator Warn compared to Mopar Grill Guard Screenshot_20210117-132545__01

Hi Curious what winch you have and what kind of added weight the winch, lights, and bar added to your vehicle? I have the diesel so very careful of weight I will be adding. Also do you know if you could have mounted the lights not on bar but with brackets on bumper in front of the bar? Or is their no room to do that so bar mount is better. Also what lights do you have and are you happy

KHam

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
That looks like almost the same amount of camera blockage that I have with the warn hoop. Since someone had asked me recently about the clearance with the Warn hoop and the LP6 lights and hooks. Here's some updated closeup pics if it helps anyone.

Jeep Gladiator Warn compared to Mopar Grill Guard lights1

Jeep Gladiator Warn compared to Mopar Grill Guard lights2

Jeep Gladiator Warn compared to Mopar Grill Guard lights3

Mstrofpuppets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Anyone have a picture of the Rock Hard 4x4 hoop through the trailcam?
Sponsored