Warn Low vs Mid Height Grill Guard

Stoney126

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 7.3 superduty4x4/ 17 blacktop rt charger/2020 gobi maxtow gladiator
Has anyone found out about air flow or restrictions due to the light blocking the inlets?
Sponsored

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
Doubt that would be a issue, not covering up enough surface area,

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Pleased to have found this thread and resurrect it. I wondered about a bolt-on bull bar and what would work best IF I ever install a winch on my truck. Also, I have two 6" KB lights that were (barely) on my JK. Removed them and plan to use on the Gladiator.

Seems like the Warn low bar allows the lights to be installed under the bar while the Mopar low bar requires you put the lights above it. Both seem to allow a winch - well, at least a Warn winch. I have to ask, what's the use of a Mopar low bar OTHER than mounting lights? Doesnt seem like it would protect the grille from say a deer hit.

Cavitt

First Name
Cavitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR; 1998 Mercedes SL600
There was already a lot of good info in this thread, so I thought I'd add what I believe is a new option.

I was planning on getting the Warn Medium height bar. In fact I tried ordering it and it's on backorder for at least a couple of months. One thing that bothered me about the Warn product is that it's has a smooth and slightly shinny finish which doesn't match the bumper, which I don't really want. I want it to very closely match the color and texture of the bumper finish. The other thing I didn't like about it is the reported issues with the tow hook interference.

I saw this GRIMM OFFROAD FRONT BUMPER MID HOOP at Northridge (they also have an install video).
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...ies/10082-grimm-offroad-front-bumper-mid-hoop

I ordered it on the 22nd and got it a couple of days later (Thanks for quick delivery @Northridge4x4). I installed it yesterday an really like it. It fits great and matches the bumper perfectly in both color and texture. The only thing I didn't care for ,but doesn't make a difference in the world, is that you remove 6 of the T47 bumper bolts when installing, but it only uses 4 to attach. You leave the inside most bolts out. I'm not sure if the Mopar is the same, but I know the Warn uses all 3 (which is probably why they it's a little wider and they have the issue with the hoop being too close to the tow hooks). In the end this isn't an issue because the inner bolt hole is covered by the hoop base and it's plenty strong as is. It will matter even less when I remove the winch cover plate and install my winch.

20220227_153356.jpg

20220227_154534.jpg

20220227_154544.jpg

Sponsored

slim chance

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi JTA, 23 Ram Laramie 1500, 21 Nacho JTF
Occupation
retired
i have the Maximus3 on Oscar ... like it alot and fitting was just bolt up .. do not have a trail cam ... hope this helps

20220227_oscar.jpg

Cavitt

First Name
Cavitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR; 1998 Mercedes SL600
i have the Maximus3 on Oscar ... like it alot and fitting was just bolt up .. do not have a trail cam ... hope this helps

Jeep Gladiator Warn Low vs Mid Height Grill Guard 20220227_oscar
I like that one too. Can you install it with or without the bumper extensions (stubby)?

slim chance

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi JTA, 23 Ram Laramie 1500, 21 Nacho JTF
Occupation
retired
Yes it will fit with the stubby setup .. Maximus send special spacers for when you remove the end pieces ... and this was as well packed for shipping as i have ever seen

UsuallyLost

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR MT
Mopar low for me. KC lights on the bar with mopar brackets and a badlands winch in the bumper. All works well. No interference with trail cam, although you can see the top of the lights in the camera view.

Jeep Gladiator Warn Low vs Mid Height Grill Guard F4737BF6-E592-4393-B609-EC1EF7EE0799
Sponsored