Sponsored

Warn Zeon vs. VR EVO winches - What's the difference?

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Have you ever wondered what's the difference between the Zeon and VR EVO series winches from Warn?

Here is a quick little video we did last week discussing the differences and similarities between the two winches:

Check out the Zeon and EVO VR winches here: https://www.northridge4x4.com/warn-zeon-and-vr-evo

Check out the full line of Warn products here: https://www.northridge4x4.com/brand/warn
Great info. I think Warn in general is superior to the competitors. For my application and expected use, looks like the VR for me.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Reason's why I bought a Zeon series winch.
Made in America! To support Americans as much as I can.
I bought my Zeon 10s for the same reasons. The JT is also a show piece for my business, so I should be using the parts I recomend to clients.

Too bad Zeon #1 didn't make it through spooling the rope onto he drum before it locked up and exploded parts out the bottom.....isolated case I would assume since this would be the first mechanical failure I have seen in 28 years of selling and installing Warn products.

I can tell you the tech support I got from Warn was poor at best, but my wholesaler stepped up and got another unit out to me immediately. Warn wanted me to send it in and wait for them to inspect it to see st would happen. It is likely this experience will impact my relationship with Warn from here on out.

Was a rough month for me at the shop with poor quality aftermarket parts. Warranty issues with PSC, Warn, and EVO........seems nothing is made to last these days.
Sponsored