First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
So Mopar, along with other brands, have sun bonnets/bikini shades, but I'm not sure any of them are weatherproof to not allow rain into the cab.

Can someone clarify that has one? From what I know they are mesh for the most part.

my reasoning is that the Mopar Rain cab cover doesn't allow you to drive with it in, so if I'm out somewhere without my full roof on, and we get some rain, I'd like something to ease the amount of water getting into the cab. Maybe not eliminate it, but ease the issue.

So basically I'm looking for a sun bonnet/bikini with the waterproof qualities of the Rain Cab cover that doesn't cover the windshield/windows.
Sponsored

Punknhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I can’t find where this exists for the JT. A lot for the JK, some stuff for the JL, nothing for us.

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
So Mopar, along with other brands, have sun bonnets/bikini shades, but I'm not sure any of them are weatherproof to not allow rain into the cab.

Can someone clarify that has one? From what I know they are mesh for the most part.

my reasoning is that the Mopar Rain cab cover doesn't allow you to drive with it in, so if I'm out somewhere without my full roof on, and we get some rain, I'd like something to ease the amount of water getting into the cab. Maybe not eliminate it, but ease the issue.

So basically I'm looking for a sun bonnet/bikini with the waterproof qualities of the Rain Cab cover that doesn't cover the windshield/windows.
I thought there are 2 versions of the sun bonnet. One is mesh and the other is kinda like the soft top material. The bad thing is that the bonnet only attaches from roll bar to roll bar so that gap between the roll bar and the door is uncovered and thus you get wet. I did see somewhere there is a header bar for the JL which should fit on the JT. So if one could get the door surrounds and then see if a JK bikini top would fit or be modified to fit on the windshield header bar then you'd have that coverage on the sides. I have a header bar from my old JK that I was going to try to retrofit to my JT last summer but lost interest. Now I have the sunrider for hardtop. I don't understand why there isn't anything like this out for the JT. You'd think as soon as the JT came out that companies would be working tirelessly to come up with cool add-ons.

OP
OP
rvillano8188

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
I thought there are 2 versions of the sun bonnet. One is mesh and the other is kinda like the soft top material. The bad thing is that the bonnet only attaches from roll bar to roll bar so that gap between the roll bar and the door is uncovered and thus you get wet. I did see somewhere there is a header bar for the JL which should fit on the JT. So if one could get the door surrounds and then see if a JK bikini top would fit or be modified to fit on the windshield header bar then you'd have that coverage on the sides. I have a header bar from my old JK that I was going to try to retrofit to my JT last summer but lost interest. Now I have the sunrider for hardtop. I don't understand why there isn't anything like this out for the JT. You'd think as soon as the JT came out that companies would be working tirelessly to come up with cool add-ons.
didn't realize they had a mesh and a vinyl version. I wonder if these would be an issue with the grab handles I have.

Sponsored

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
didn't realize they had a mesh and a vinyl version. I wonder if these would be an issue with the grab handles I have.
It looks like they're designed to work with the Mopar grab handles. Not sure if they'll work with others.

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude

Punknhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I ordered a full length JL bikini top from Rampage. Includes a header bar. Gonna try to make it work. I’ll let y’all know.