Well ran over this dude yesterday!

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Why no DRL requirement on all newer vehicles down there?

And ditto: glad no one was hurt and your Jeep came out unscathed!
Based on the year of it I know it can't be recent requirement. I have 2013 and 2014 Toyotas and they have a manual select able DRL, so no automatic on them. I know my 2020 JT does it though....
Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Based on the year of it I know it can't be recent requirement. I have 2013 and 2014 Toyotas and they have a manual select able DRL, so no automatic on them. I know my 2020 JT does it though....
So DRLs are now a requirement of newer vehicles in the US? We've had them for a while; I had a beater (yet utterly awesome) 1989 Pontiac 6000 station wagon with fake wood paneling for a while when I was first married that had DRLs.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
So DRLs are now a requirement of newer vehicles in the US? We've had them for a while; I had a beater (yet utterly awesome) 1989 Pontiac 6000 station wagon with fake wood paneling for a while when I was first married that had DRLs.
I'm not sure if they are a requirement or not. Some of the Jeep's come without DRLs so I'm guessing no, DRLs are not a requirement. Headlights when it's dark out are definitely a requirement though, especially on a very dark side road.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I'm not sure if they are a requirement or not. Some of the Jeep's come without DRLs so I'm guessing no, DRLs are not a requirement. Headlights when it's dark out are definitely a requirement though, especially on a very dark side road.
Interesting. Yeah, you can’t fix stupid when people don’t turn on their headlights at night; I see them around here as well. Not sure if they can see well enough with their DRLs to not realize their headlights are off, or just oblivious.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
No headlights at night is a common problem that I see around here. There are so many streetlights on most roads that you can see to drive without your lights on.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Honestly I have done it before, and used to constantly do it until I came up with my own system. My prius doesn't have auto lights. So I just leave the headlights on all the time to account for it, gives DRLs so a win/win honestly. Issue is since I never touch the knob anytime anybody else ever drives it or services it they always turn off my damn lights. Sometimes I have went miles without even realizing the lights are off on it. They just are not that strong its easy to not notice. toyota has a nice feature where if you double tap the lock it turns off the lights, so I have never had a need to turn them off.

This also happened with my JT, when in for the TSB they turned my lights off of auto for some reason, ended up driving without headlights later that day.

When you use the Taser in the JT it actually gives 3 DRL settings US, Canada, and None. Wonder what the differences are.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I think i was able to turn off the DRL in my charger using the menu in settings. Haven't tried for the JT yet.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think i was able to turn off the DRL in my charger using the menu in settings. Haven't tried for the JT yet.
Why would you? (Honest question)

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Why would you? (Honest question)
Because I can.

Personally, the DRL issue is whatever to me. I have cars with them and cars without them.

I didn't bother turning them off on the JT and I doubt i will.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Because I can.

Personally, the DRL issue is whatever to me. I have cars with them and cars without them.

I didn't bother turning them off on the JT and I doubt i will.
I can relate. Killed them in the JT because the side markets with the Halogens look soooo bad. But I do have Halos on my headlights and soon fog lights so I have plenty of light for DRL.

Sponsored

Nitroexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, '82 Jeep CJ-8,
As no one was hurt - This is funny!

There does seem to be a phenomenon with the no headlight thing. I notice it all the time these days. I guess the light from their phone screens is enough.....

REDBEAST

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2017 Jaguar F-Type SVR
Occupation
Retired
Keep an eye on that tire's side wall.
Seriously !
Those BFG's are almost bullet proof. Thaey are about the only tire out there with a true 3 ply sidewall. It's the only brand I run. I have 35 12.50 17's in KM3 MT's.
Sponsored