Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Social mediocre. Twitter your life away, be a twit, fakebook, where the censors will put you in fakebook jail for saying the wrong thing (a friend spends several days there every year) and I got smacked for talking about c00n hunting. Hey, Iowans have trouble spelling raccoons - we don't go "raccoon hunting" anyway, you take your c00n dog out and go, well, you know. Fake book smacked me! Funny, I never knew the word had other meanings until a few years ago.
Instacrap - everyone who thinks they are beautiful becomes an "influencer" - does that mean everyone on instacrap is under the influence? What the he|| is an influencer anyway? And why do people elevate them to such a status? Really? You let people in social mediocre influence you?
So you have fakebook, twitter your life away, instacrap, and more.
Yeah, social mediocre.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Im probably in "that" Facebook group. It's pretty funny sometimes.
"Can I fit 35s with no lift?"
"Do I have Max TOE?"
Same questions every day.
Max toe would be what, about 90 degrees? LOL

Sponsored

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
I’m 41. I was on Facebook from probably 2007-2010 and finally said to myself I race home from work to see what all of my 200 friends have said and I comment and “like” things and play whatever the farm game was but 195 of those people I never actually see In person so what is the point. I also saw peoples lives being impacted forever for typing something mildly offensive that anyone may have said in passing ( but not written) In the past and had their lives turned upside down. At that point I pulled the plug and haven’t been back since. I don’t miss it, I don’t tweet or do instagram. I guess I’m a dinosaur before my time. I’m grateful for this forum and if I ever leave the stock therapy group I may have repeat questions so I apologize in advance but I will try and do my research Ahead of time

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
I hate the social media world we live in...the really awful part is being a single guy especially in the covid world it really is more and more the way to meet women....you think the car world is bad? they live and die by it ....it’s insane

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My son, born in 1982, has made the comment about FB - "Dad, only old people use that now"....... and it seems he's not too wrong.

As far as women - there was an experiment a while back where they challenged 3 young women to give up their phones for a period of time. I can't recall the exact time or detail, but something like a week. One simply could not and quit, another went through what would medically be termed real withdrawal symptoms as if she had stopped drinking or doing drugs - she had sweats, hallucinations and so on - it was a very real reaction. I can't recall the other but in the end it was mentally difficult and was deemed for them to be a true addiction like any other addiction to drug or alcohol.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Tacomaworld.com 3rd generation, is another place where people can come up with smart comments and send a thread into a dumpster fire.
Why join another forum when you have us?
I only use Facebook to check out a local Jeep club, or post pictures and videos of recent events.

PXL_20200918_182845295.NIGHT.jpg

Last edited:

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I never wanted to be on F.B. where I worked before went in and set-up anyone who didn't have a account. :mad::swear::swear: then started posting the schedule and patrol areas..:facepalm::facepalm: I started a S### storm about that and the fact some A$$ h### started a account with my info. Thanks scumbag for that. I tried to close and delete it but it's there forever! I even tried to get the account closed by F.B. by being a A$$ h###.
I did use it for short time to connect with people who I did know years ago. My mother found my profile that was set up back then and without her having any sense of protected information post happy birthday and other information in open for identity theft.
During deployment I got back to find out I had new C.Cards. while I was overseas and had just requested to raise limits.
So I haven't been on it in years and don't miss it.
That let alone any D. Bag can say anything but if you don't agree you can be put in F.B. jail or what ever.
F.B. and WeChat and the others are garbage and another control measure to enslave minds. F.B. is just one of the "West" ones

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Most folks in the AMC world have heard of, or maybe even know, Eddie Stakes.
I swear that guy has spent more time behind FB bars - in FB jail, than any other person alive. He's a hoot anyway, and like me, always speaks his mind, period. He's never said a politically correct thing in his life. Right or wrong, he'll speak up and every couple of months we see a post on the AMC Javelin pages that his son is taking over "while dad is in FB jail".
I laugh - oh, Eddie, you've done it again.............
But then, to me, many of those FB places are more like an old-west saloon anyway.

Besides, if you want to do research, forums are the way to go. Factual information can be found by a simple search. If someone posts torque specs for something, you can find it - on FB you have to keep asking. I can't even count how many times I've seen some really stupid photos of cars posted and people are supposed to love it or be the odd man out. Not me, if it's ugly, I say so, and wow, does that get things going - and I add - ''do you know how many people before you have posted that 2 year old photo and it's making the rounds again as if it's new and you are the first person to have ever seen it?'

OK, so I'm a trouble-maker.
Sponsored