Sponsored

what is the expected life span of a rubicon suspension - fox shocks, bushings, etc (61k miles on my Jeep).

cgm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Rubicon
I have a 2020 rubicon with 61,xxx miles on it.

I didn't rotate my tires in way too long (20k + miles) things were fine until road noise was getting worse this summer... by the time i took a look and rotated, the front stock falken at's were cupped pretty badly. the rears were fine.

the jeep drives fine ... or i didn't notice the issue slowly getting worse. the only issue I have expreienced is a
wierd shock squeeking noise from one shock when cold.

maybe it was the lack of tire rotation, but i am getting the allignment checked anyways. the jeep still tracks straight.

i picked up a full take off suspension with a month of use for $300, i will install the shocks this weekend. I also have all of the control arms, sway bar links and track bars. it seems like the fox shocks don't get a ton of love, but I am happy enough with them to put on a new set with hopes of 60K plus more life.

My questions:
1) How long should the susspension funciton well enough with mostly pavement highway use.
2) Is it worth also swaping out any or all of the other parts when i install the shocks?
Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
A good inspection of your suspension components will tell you if you need to replace anything. Of course you could just replace anything that wears out since you already have it and not worry about it.

OP
OP
cgm

cgm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Rubicon
A good inspection of your suspension components will tell you if you need to replace anything. Of course you could just replace anything that wears out since you already have it and not worry about it.
does that mean getting it up on jack stands and using a pry bar to see if any bushings wiggle?

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Ideally, yes.

CrazyIvan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, BMW R1100RT, Ducati 900SS SP
Occupation
Retired
I have a 2020 rubicon with 61,xxx miles on it.

I didn't rotate my tires in way too long (20k + miles) things were fine until road noise was getting worse this summer... by the time i took a look and rotated, the front stock falken at's were cupped pretty badly. the rears were fine.

the jeep drives fine ... or i didn't notice the issue slowly getting worse. the only issue I have expreienced is a
wierd shock squeeking noise from one shock when cold.

maybe it was the lack of tire rotation, but i am getting the allignment checked anyways. the jeep still tracks straight.

i picked up a full take off suspension with a month of use for $300, i will install the shocks this weekend. I also have all of the control arms, sway bar links and track bars. it seems like the fox shocks don't get a ton of love, but I am happy enough with them to put on a new set with hopes of 60K plus more life.

My questions:
1) How long should the susspension funciton well enough with mostly pavement highway use.
2) Is it worth also swaping out any or all of the other parts when i install the shocks?
I should have mentioned miles in my post. I have about 10K more miles. Looks like replacement may be the best idea for me.
Sponsored