What is this?

GladiatorG8R

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Washed my gladiator and now looks like this with lights shined on it.

91E58504-F990-403F-A7A7-F3C63472BD76.jpeg
Sponsored

stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng
How long have you had it?
On my little phone screen - that 'looks' like adhesive residue from the protective film for transport. That should have been removed by the dealer detailer.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
All over or just in the one spot? Is it new(ish)? Looks like it could be the residual imprint of some contact film or something from its original delivery. I bet a clay bar would take it right off.

OP
OP

GladiatorG8R

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Just washed it with chemical guys wash and wax a couple days ago. I did not dry it off though.

Sponsored

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
Just washed it with chemical guys wash and wax a couple days ago. I did not dry it off though.
Which Chemical guys soap? On a new vehicle before applying any wax I use the Chemical Guys "Clean Slate" soap. It is a straight soap that helps to remove prior waxes or residues. It rinses off very easily with just the hose and hand drying is almost not necessary except on flat surfaces like the hood. If it was one of their other soaps with added wax like the "bodywash and wax" that smells like grapes I will get residue like that if I don't hand dry the vehicle with a micro-fiber drying towel. In my case the minerals in my wel water can also contribute to this.

OP
OP

GladiatorG8R

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Which Chemical guys soap? On a new vehicle before applying any wax I use the Chemical Guys "Clean Slate" soap. It is a straight soap that helps to remove prior waxes or residues. It rinses off very easily with just the hose and hand drying is almost not necessary except on flat surfaces like the hood. If it was one of their other soaps with added wax like the "bodywash and wax" that smells like grapes I will get residue like that if I don't hand dry the vehicle with a micro-fiber drying towel. In my case the minerals in my wel water can also contribute to this.
It was the Extreme Wash and Wax that is ph balanced. Suppose to be good stuff and just wash and rinse. Next time I plan to dry it off myself. I was in a hurry and let it air dry.

Jeepin' John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT Sport S
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Does it "feel" any different if you run your hand across it? Might give a clue

i envy your ability to air dry. My water is so hard that air drying is not an option. I've already got to polish my hood here in the spring to get water spots out. Luckily i had hyperwaxed before, so they should come right on out super easy

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Clay bar it and all will be good, I do that to every new vehicle.

Bruce

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I’ve used similar washes you need to wipe it down or you will get a residue like that. I don’t actually wipe but “dab” or lay the towel on the surfaces to prevent scratching.

It’s not as bad on light colors, but on my wife’s blue Toyota it’s more apparent.

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
Washed my gladiator and now looks like this with lights shined on it.

91E58504-F990-403F-A7A7-F3C63472BD76.jpeg
From looking at the photo, one can see the soap residue drips. So it looks to be a rinsing and or drying issue. I wash my MC with S100, that stuff is great, but it needs to have high pressure rinse or it looks just like your photo.
Sponsored