Sponsored

What should I be looking for in wheels and tires?

surge101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Well, I wasn’t in the market for new wheels and tires just yet on my month old Gladiator, but I came across a used setup and figure I would take this opportunity to educate myself on what I should be looking for.

the set that was for sale were Mamba M13s wrapped in Nitto terra grapplers. I’m completely new to off-road vehicles, so I don’t know what are good and bad brands of wheels/tires or what to look for. I think these are 35s, I’m not sure if there’s anyway to actually confirm by looking at them. I also am not sure if 35s will fit on my stock height sport s with max tow.

another concern is these are 20 inch wheels, I don’t see a lot of people with that big of a wheel, so I figure it must be a disadvantage when off-roading.

Please give your opinion on a set up like that, what I should be looking for in terms of brand/specs. I don’t think I’ll buy this set, but was wondering what I should be looking for.

also do people usually buy sets of 4 or 5 to have a spare?
Sponsored

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
35`s on 20`s will give a harsh ride. I would also ask the seller about off set and back spacing anything over -16mm of off set or 4.5 and less of back spacing the tires will stick out quite a ways pass the fenders.