Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Hi All:
Just paid for my tags yesterday on my new 2021 gladiator overland here in Nevada $566.
Jimf5
in Nevada

WCCPHD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
Retired
To register a vehicle in North Carolina one has to pay a "road use tax" of 3% of the purchase price. If one is trading a vehicle, the value of the trade is not considered. Also have to pay a title fee of $56, and the cost of the actual tag for the year which is either $38.75 or $56.75 depending upon the weight (5000 pounds is the cut off). They also charge a county registration fee, which for my county is $7. The vehicle property taxes are due when the tag is renewed and it varies by county and whether or not you live in a city/town. Then the dealership charge a total BS document fee, which is pure dealer profit of whatever they can get away with.

Annual renewal is the cost of the tag plus county and municipality taxes. The taxes on a vehicle with a value of $49000 will be $515 plus tag cost (which varies based upon what type of tag one has).

Sponge60

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Putter outer of fire
To register a vehicle in North Carolina one has to pay a "road use tax" of 3% of the purchase price. If one is trading a vehicle, the value of the trade is not considered. Also have to pay a title fee of $56, and the cost of the actual tag for the year which is either $38.75 or $56.75 depending upon the weight (5000 pounds is the cut off). They also charge a county registration fee, which for my county is $7. The vehicle property taxes are due when the tag is renewed and it varies by county and whether or not you live in a city/town. Then the dealership charge a total BS document fee, which is pure dealer profit of whatever they can get away with.

Annual renewal is the cost of the tag plus county and municipality taxes. The taxes on a vehicle with a value of $49000 will be $515 plus tag cost (which varies based upon what type of tag one has).

Yep, you beat me to it for the NC specifics. Except that the 3% is on the purchase price for a vehicle with no trade, or 3% of the difference with a trade. And property taxes collected at renewal vary wildly by location.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
In Delaware, there is 4.25% "Documentation Fee" of selling price when new or NADA value used when first registered. Credit is given for trade in. After that, it is a $40 yearly fee.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland Diesel
I think mine was like $50 for a year.

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
Annual registration is $80-100 for just about any car. Personalized tags are an additional $100/year.

My son has been stationed in KS and now DE. He keeps his Texas plates for obvious reasons. He also doesn't pay state income tax as a Texan and pays no sales taxes in Delaware. He has the best of both worlds.

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
$100 bucks here in Ohio. Guess I won't ever complain about that again!
Sponsored