Sponsored

Wheel your EcoDiesel? Get a fuel filter skid.

1945gpw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TDI jetta, TRD off road 4runner, 1945 Ford Jeep
Curious if anyone knows the micron rating for the stock fuel filter? and I wonder if it would be beneficial to relocate the fuel filter with something similar to this?

https://puredieselpower.com/dodge-p...9-6.7-Cummins-Fleetguard-Dual-Fuel-Filter-Kit

In my 07 cummins the stock fuel filter was only a 7 micron so I adding these filters inline tucked under the cab so didn't have to worry about ground clearance as they were above the frame rails and it added peace of mind for contaminated fuel, Maybe something to consider if there is any room in the gladiator to relocate.

It may be completely unnecessary if the stock is a good water separator with low micron rating but just an idea.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Divided_Wood

Divided_Wood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
I recently got the Asfir skid plate as well. Thought it would be easer to unbolt the transfercase skid and the two bolts on the frame side removing all as one piece for oil changes but my transfercase skid is welded on in two spots. Is yours similar?
haven’t tried yet but I will circle back and let you know. I’m due for a filter change. All I can say for sure is that my fuel filter would be toast if I didn’t have this skid… I’ve beat on it pretty good since getting it.