Where are people buying their wheels/tires

TSOSGLAD8R

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Jeep Gladiator. 17 Porsche 911 4s, Mercedes GLS
I’m not necessarily looking for the absolute cheapest option but maybe a reputable place with good knowledge and customer service. It would be convenient to buy the wheels and tires from the same place. I’m leaning towards the Black rhino 20x12 with a 37x13.5 tire. I want the look but don’t want to have a tremendous amount of noise. I do very minor off roading and mainly a mall queen.
Here’s my Tacoma that I recently traded in and the look I’m shooting for.

3355CD6A-C6B2-4355-951E-965B2B0A71B2.jpeg

B8975649-AD6A-467D-B0EA-266F3B409C5A.jpeg
Sponsored

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
Looking for the exact same thing and I did start a thread a few below to try and find the best deals people are finding......let me know what you come across as well as which lift and suspension your going with .....hope the thread takes off

OP
OP

TSOSGLAD8R

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJponyparts has a decent configurator but they don’t have the width of wheel I wanted.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Discounttiredirect.com

Save hundreds, good quality, and best customer service I've ever dealt with from any company.

Sponsored

MPFit

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500
I’ve called around my local dealerships to put tires on- and none of them say it’s okay to put bigger tires on stock rims due to ‘offset’ and rubbing issues! Even if going to 33” on an overland! I plan to use a site or maybe even have dealership do it with Tri City and Travis.. or use discount tire direct but they aren’t in my area I’d have to use a small shop to install.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Reactions: JP1

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
There was a period of time from roughly 2005 to 2010 where I only bought Treadwright tires also. They were dirt cheap, worked well, and supposedly helped the environment.

But then several years ago they sold the company to new owners, who moved it to Texas. The prices immediately went up. What I'm seeing now is that a 285/70-17 starts at $150. The pricing then goes up from there as size goes up. Problem with that is you can buy NEW tires of the same size online for similar money, many times the exact same money. In addition to that, the remolding process they use adds diameter to the tires which means they no longer run true to listed size on the sidewall, it adds 8-12 lbs. of weight per tire, and about two years ago they started laying new rubber on the sidewalls too, which removes all identification from the original tire. There's no longer ANY way to know how old that tire actually was, what brand it was, etc. I'm surprised it's even legal for them to do that.

It's a shame, because they were once an excellent value.

So, I stopped buying Treadwrights. Funny thing is, everytime I leave an honest, unbiased review on their social media sites, they delete it within hours.

OP
OP

TSOSGLAD8R

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was looking at custom offsets website which has a nice selection. You can have the wheels mounted and shipped for free.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
There was a period of time from roughly 2005 to 2010 where I only bought Treadwright tires also. They were dirt cheap, worked well, and supposedly helped the environment.

But then several years ago they sold the company to new owners, who moved it to Texas. The prices immediately went up. What I'm seeing now is that a 285/70-17 starts at $150. The pricing then goes up from there as size goes up. Problem with that is you can buy NEW tires of the same size online for similar money, many times the exact same money. In addition to that, the remolding process they use adds diameter to the tires which means they no longer run true to listed size on the sidewall, it adds 8-12 lbs. of weight per tire, and about two years ago they started laying new rubber on the sidewalls too, which removes all identification from the original tire. There's no longer ANY way to know how old that tire actually was, what brand it was, etc. I'm surprised it's even legal for them to do that.

It's a shame, because they were once an excellent value.

So, I stopped buying Treadwrights. Funny thing is, everytime I leave an honest, unbiased review on their social media sites, they delete it within hours.
It always amazes me how different peoples opinions can be about the same topic! All of the reasons you listed that you didnt like them are why I like them more. Accept I havent found decent 35 tires for the same price as TW. General Grabbers are on sale on tirerack now, but thats the closest ive found. shame they keep deleting your negative feedback, that certainly doesnt settle well with me. :beer:

Sponsored

Tourenwagen

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I cannot recommend www.mrwheeldeal.com enough. Found them on Instagram and I've bought three sets from them now. Great customer service, insanely good prices (they'll match or beat anything out there) and fast shipping.

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
What was the price of the grabbers?

Professor57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2020 Gator Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

TSOSGLAD8R

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ended up going with custom offsets. I’m hoping to report back soon on how it goes. Went with the black rhino 20x12 and nitto grapplers 37x12.5. I have the mopar lift on order.
Sponsored