Sponsored

Which 4.5" lift kit... Rebel Recon or Evo Fusion?

Pizziola29

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase
Bumping this to you @Pizziola29

Did you find that the Rebel Recon coil over kit in front made any less/more noise than the EVO? I know it's the coil over and not the actual kit that would make the noise but just curious if there was an NVH difference for some reason? The Rebel Recon kit offers the AGM sliders in the build... if those help?

Thanks.
@darkhorse13 Great questions. So I had done everything I could with a lot of different resources in the off-road industry to dial-in my EVO kit. I even spent a significant amount of time at King shocks and for my particular set up the engineering of the system was not ideal. Not only did myself but another professional off-road installer had a very difficult time getting help from EVO to help address not only the stability issues but also the noise that was in according to Many including King sounds that should not be coming from the front end at that level. You were spot on in regards to customer service at Rebel Off Road. They will not only help make sure it’s 100% right well after the Install they know what works and what does not. Yes, AGM sliders are key to less noise, but also the engineering of the kit which Rebel has at least three gladiators running the kids virtually full-time and have completely figured it out.
Sponsored

zy1337

First Name
Zy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
@darkhorse13 Great questions. So I had done everything I could with a lot of different resources in the off-road industry to dial-in my EVO kit. I even spent a significant amount of time at King shocks and for my particular set up the engineering of the system was not ideal. Not only did myself but another professional off-road installer had a very difficult time getting help from EVO to help address not only the stability issues but also the noise that was in according to Many including King sounds that should not be coming from the front end at that level. You were spot on in regards to customer service at Rebel Off Road. They will not only help make sure it’s 100% right well after the Install they know what works and what does not. Yes, AGM sliders are key to less noise, but also the engineering of the kit which Rebel has at least three gladiators running the kids virtually full-time and have completely figured it out.
That was helpful. Did you get installed by Rebel or did you install it yourself and they gave you support? Looking at the recon Stage 2 for my new Sport S. There is not a whole lot of info out there. Do you have a build thread somewhere?

Pizziola29

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase
That was helpful. Did you get installed by Rebel or did you install it yourself and they gave you support? Looking at the recon Stage 2 for my new Sport S. There is not a whole lot of info out there. Do you have a build thread somewhere?
Your welcome. Anytime! Yes, I had them install it. Was just easier since it was their first diesel and we had so many unknowns. Worked out way better than expected and way better suspension for my needs than the EVO kit I had on my Gas JT.

zy1337

First Name
Zy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
Your welcome. Anytime! Yes, I had them install it. Was just easier since it was their first diesel and we had so many unknowns. Worked out way better than expected and way better suspension for my needs than the EVO kit I had on my Gas JT.
thanks, I found your 2 builds showcase, I just wish you had a thread for them as I have a bunch of questions. Great looking rigs. Cheers.

Pizziola29

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase
thanks, I found your 2 builds showcase, I just wish you had a thread for them as I have a bunch of questions. Great looking rigs. Cheers.
Feel free to ask me any and all here or as a message.

DavoSmith

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5th Gen 4 Runner
Occupation
Plumber
How is everyone liking their lift/suspension? It seems that Pizziolla99 (Post 5) and Desert_Chief (Post 14) were favoring the Rebel Offroad suspension/lift kits over EVO coils front and back.

I'm planning a big (big to me anyway) Diesel JT build with Dynatrac 60/80 axles, new drive shafts, on 40's for a Rubicon Trail, Pritchett Canyon, UT daily driver. I would like to keep the build light but that quickly goes out the window with a GFC topper, Frig and food/water for 4 for a few days.

It sounds like the Rebel Offroad 4.5" lift with long arms is the way to go. Has anyone seen a Rock Slayer Offroad 4 Link on a JT? If you had to do it over again what suspension would you go with and why?
Sponsored