Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT & TRX

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I think no matter where you buy, King coil-overs are several months out.

If that's what you're interested in, afraid you're going to have to wait.

SuperBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTR
I have the Rock Krawler 4.5ā€ Pro-X No Limits kit and once I dialed in the caster it rides like stock on 37 MTs as a daily driver. I should note I do not have the coilovers I just have the RK shocks and I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be disappointed by the articulation but the first trail ride since installation is coming up in a couple weeks.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Buy once cry once. If you've done the research and you trust your results, the wait is worth it. Unless you really want to buy an intermediary system that you have to sell for pennies on the dollar a year from now.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
It said 38 weeks for King shocks. That's 9.5 months.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RBGP

RBGP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT & TRX
Buy once cry once. If you've done the research and you trust your results, the wait is worth it. Unless you really want to buy an intermediary system that you have to sell for pennies on the dollar a year from now.
The more I look into this lift, it seems great. Iā€™ll probably throw on the mopar lift to get me through the 10 month wait.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
The more I look into this lift, it seems great. Iā€™ll probably throw on the mopar lift to get me through the 10 month wait.
Sounds like buying twice crying twice, but if you've got the money and no better place else to spend it have your fun

OP
OP
RBGP

RBGP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT & TRX
Sounds like buying twice crying twice, but if you've got the money and no better place else to spend it have your fun
I messaged them as to seeing what options they have for the in between time. I hate to ā€œbuy twiceā€ but this truck needs a lift asap!

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I messaged them as to seeing what options they have for the in between time. I hate to ā€œbuy twiceā€ but this truck needs a lift asap!
I remember when I got my first tattoo. It was a little fun, a little scary. Then as soon as my first one was done and the fear was gone my mind starting going absolutely wild with ideas. Back piece with a wrap over the collar bone onto my chest, half sleeve, calf tat, who could remember what else. I must have had a few grand in ideas all planned out (in 2006 prices). My buddy who introduced me to the guy who did my first tattoo gave me a great piece of advice: "wait a year before you get your second one, then get whatever you want. You're making permanent decisions, there has to be more excitement to it than getting it right away"

That was almost 16 years ago. I still don't have a second tattoo (maybe some day?)

Then I bought a Jeep. It was tricky deciding what I wanted to buy for the Jeep first, but once I did, the flood gates openned in my mind. Tonneau, mirrors, 37s, AEV 2" mojave spacers, Method 703s , 4.88s, armorlite, katzkin, stubby bumper and winch, stealth lightbar, bed tent, airbedz, window control module, tazer, pedal monster, cat-back.

Then i remembered the tattoo advice. If it's only exciting if I get it this very moment, then it's not really that exciting, i'm just getting caught up on the momentum. I'm still doing 35s on steelies (kenda $80 specials in my basement!), tonneau (on my current gladiator, will transfer to new one) armorlite, katzkin, tazer, and i'm most likely chopping my middle muffler out. But i don't really need a new bumper or a winch or a lightbar. I don't need to deal with the lift and regear that come with 37s. The pedal monster is unecessary for the way i drive. The airbedz and bed tent are cool ideas, but maybe let's wait til my son is old enough to go camping with me before I start buying stuff for us to camp together.

So my advice to you is: Nothing worth doing needs to be done ASAP. If the process if waiting dulls your excitement, then you excitement was over the idea of the thing, not the thing.
Sponsored