Sponsored

Which dealerships will get the Gladiator first?

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
The 1st JLU to hit the lot was in Michigan. I posted it over at the JL forum as we where watching to see who gets the 1st one. The next 6 ended up in my small town somehow.

When they get closer to shipping some you can track them on Jeep.com.

I did not see any evidence that big dealers or big cities had any kind of advantage.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Who cares. I don't plan on buying anything marked up so will wait for the dust to settle and get a decent price; most likely near the end of the year.
just order one for 6-7% below invoice then. Doubtful you'll settle for one on the lot for less than that.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
That's exactly it. I didn't mean to stir up a bunch of people. I was just wondering if anyone knew any secrets.
Mark
@Hothead Headliners you guys planning to make the sound assassin full floor package for the Gladiator?

Some guys made fun of me for wanting this, can you describe why this makes a difference in a JL, since you haven't been able to test on the JT yet?

OP
OP
Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 1989 YJ
Occupation
Jeep Headliners
@Hothead Headliners you guys planning to make the sound assassin full floor package for the Gladiator?

Some guys made fun of me for wanting this, can you describe why this makes a difference in a JL, since you haven't been able to test on the JT yet?
HI,
the sound assassin floor package is just sheets of butyl rubber with radiant barrier foil on one side & adhesive on the other. There are many other big name companies that sell the same material that have tons of documentation on the effectiveness of butyl rubber sheets on the floor & inside panels of cars, boats... Dynamat & Hushmat are the two most well known companies.
So to answer your questions, we will have a sound assassin full floor package for the Gladiator. All we have to do is figure out how many sheets it will take to cover the floor easily. As for why to put it in any vehicle, it dampens vibration from the road which will give your Jeep a more solid feel. The effectiveness of this material really depends on how tinny your vehicle is to start with which means that doing the floor in an old TJ would be more noticeable that doing the floor in a new JL. I do realize that how your Jeep feels (loud, tinny...) is subjective and some people have no issue with it while other want their Jeep to be as quiet & solid as possible whether their crawling over a parking block at the mall or up a waterfall out on the trail.
best regards,
Mark

OP
OP
Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Headliners
@Hothead Headliners
I'm not sure if you have tried calling jeep already, I assume they have some sort of aftermarket manufacture support, especially since aftermarket is huge in the Jeep world. They may send you specs, a prototype (of at least prototype tops, maybe not the whole vehicle) or tell you a dealer that may get the Gladiator first.
https://fcacommunity.force.com/Jeep/s/article/How-do-I-contact-Jeep2
Thanks for the info, but the people on the other end of the phone don't know anything don't know how does. Their best answer was work with my local dealership. I've gotten the names of a couple dealerships that I believe will work.
Thanks everyone for chiming in.
Mark

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
@Hothead Headliners
I'm not sure if you have tried calling jeep already, I assume they have some sort of aftermarket manufacture support, especially since aftermarket is huge in the Jeep world. They may send you specs, a prototype (of at least prototype tops, maybe not the whole vehicle) or tell you a dealer that may get the Gladiator first.
https://fcacommunity.force.com/Jeep/s/article/How-do-I-contact-Jeep2
. . . . . and now, let the "contacting" begin ! Be advised, the "contactee" may not be forthcoming with the answers you desire to here ! :headbang: . . . but as usual you can find me here - :ontheloo: - anticipating the next "outpouring" of "real-data" ! :clap: ;).
All puns intended.
ps/edit ten minutes later - Hot head states, "Thanks for the info, but . . .", and so the Circle continues to go round and round and round and round . More :headbang: . . . time for a :beer: ?

Last edited:

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That's exactly it. I didn't mean to stir up a bunch of people. I was just wondering if anyone knew any secrets.
Mark
. . . and all this time I thought "vendors" WERE in the "secrets" business . . . my bad !
ps; I didn't feel as one of "the bunch" who were "stirred up" . . . I'm just baffled sometimes how people who I'd expect" to be MORE in the know . . . coming to places like 'this' to find "The answers" . . . . we're just a bunch of dumb asses ! ? Sorry guys, just kidding about that in order to make a point ! It's just ME, I've always had a low tolerance for "these type of UnResearched InQuiries ! Now, back to my think position - :ontheloo: .

Last edited:

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What seems to be the most consistent answer is that the first round of deliveries is going to be based on JL sales and current inventory. So I’d say between 1 and 15 JTs to each dealer. Once those sale the next round of deliveries will be based on order arrivals so geographically speaking how fast they will get there from Ohio via 18wheeler and train. Ohio valley and north east first then Florida And then Atlanta and Texas. After that CA and rest of west coast working towards continental divide.
This is only PART of the answer . . . time to "hit the books . . . quiz tomorrow !

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The 1st JLU to hit the lot was in Michigan. I posted it over at the JL forum as we where watching to see who gets the 1st one. The next 6 ended up in my small town somehow.

I did not see any evidence that big dealers or big cities had any kind of advantage.
I must agree . . . one example . . . D. Smith of Kellogg, Idaho ! If it weren't for the existence of "Smithy" in this 1/2 horse town, the old mining community would of folded long ago ! :clap: Now it seems "Smithy" OWNS everything in & about Kellogg. :( .
The town is one huge CAR LOT EXTRAVAGANZA - & I'm not just talking JEEP or FCA ! ALL owned by "Mr. Smithy" ! talk about possible collusion ! :CWL: . . . shhh :lipssealed:, someone might be listening !?

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations

I have to retract a part of this. I was looking it up for :angry:Hothead Mark:mad: today. My local dealer did not receive the very next 6 to hit the lots. They where indeed among the 1st small group to receive any JL's just not number 2 like for some reason I remembered. Here is a link to the JL forum where we followed the JL's from factory to dealers. I had a good time with this and I wasn't even planning on getting one. I'm sure we will be doing the same here in a short time.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/confirmed-jl-dealership-arrivals.2371/

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HI,
the sound assassin floor package is just sheets of butyl rubber with radiant barrier foil on one side & adhesive on the other. There are many other big name companies that sell the same material that have tons of documentation on the effectiveness of butyl rubber sheets on the floor & inside panels of cars, boats... Dynamat & Hushmat are the two most well known companies.
So to answer your questions, we will have a sound assassin full floor package for the Gladiator. All we have to do is figure out how many sheets it will take to cover the floor easily. As for why to put it in any vehicle, it dampens vibration from the road which will give your Jeep a more solid feel. The effectiveness of this material really depends on how tinny your vehicle is to start with which means that doing the floor in an old TJ would be more noticeable that doing the floor in a new JL. I do realize that how your Jeep feels (loud, tinny...) is subjective and some people have no issue with it while other want their Jeep to be as quiet & solid as possible whether their crawling over a parking block at the mall or up a waterfall out on the trail.
best regards,
Mark
is the material used on the floor, the same that's used on the hard roofs?

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Guess i'll have to try the jeep out and then see if its tinny to me. I grew up tinkering with gutted honda civics and crx's so this 2020 Jeep will likely sound solid as a rock.

OP
OP
Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Headliners
is the material used on the floor, the same that's used on the hard roofs?

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Guess i'll have to try the jeep out and then see if its tinny to me. I grew up tinkering with gutted honda civics and crx's so this 2020 Jeep will likely sound solid as a rock.
Hi,
the sound assassin strips we use on the roof is the same material. The headliners are made from different material entirely though. I'm sure you knew that I just wanted to clarify if anyone didn't.
Mark

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi,
the sound assassin strips we use on the roof is the same material. The headliners are made from different material entirely though. I'm sure you knew that I just wanted to clarify if anyone didn't.
Mark
That's what i meant. Thanks for clarifying.

I like your guys' youtube videos. The symbol one is nice too. for the price, i'll probably just do that full floor and headliner kit right off the bat. Why not have the best JT i can have, right?

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
To answer the OP's original Thread Question . . . apparently the ones Closest to Federal Government "agencies" ! ? :lipssealed: :stop:.
Sponsored