Which led fender parking and turn signal light recommend you guys? LED DRL

Jsv91

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Mojave
I’m looking for a fender parking and turn signal lights for each side that look similar to the oem factory.
1.- my Jeep Jt 2021 doesn’t came in with the OEM led packages, so I’m looking for a plug and play
2.- which website is trustworthy?

thanks!

7A534906-B2AC-4F74-B4A2-3F281B2831F0.jpeg
Sponsored

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I went with the Morimoto sequential LED fender lights & side markers w/smoked lens. They're plug & play, & have been working great in my Mojave since installing them in March.
Purchased from Retrofit Source. They were great to deal with, & shipped quick.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/j...-drl-and-turn-signals-TURNS-JEEPJL?quantity=1

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/jeep-wrangler-jl-smoked-clear-side-markers-SIDES-JEEPJL?quantity=1

Hope this is a help.

Dave

Edit: Here is a picture that shows how it looks with the smoked lens.
Jeep Gladiator Which led fender parking and turn signal light recommend you guys? LED DRL P1011706E

Last edited:

ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I went with the Morimoto sequential LED fender lights & side markers w/smoked lens. They're plug & play, & have been working great in my Mojave since installing them in March.
Purchased from Retrofit Source. They were great to deal with, & shipped quick.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/j...-drl-and-turn-signals-TURNS-JEEPJL?quantity=1

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/jeep-wrangler-jl-smoked-clear-side-markers-SIDES-JEEPJL?quantity=1

Hope this is a help.

Dave

Edit: Here is a picture that shows how it looks with the smoked lens.
Jeep Gladiator Which led fender parking and turn signal light recommend you guys? LED DRL P1011706E
These look awesome! Did you follow the instructions and remove the fenders completely?

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
These look awesome! Did you follow the instructions and remove the fenders completely?
Yes, I did, then laid each fender on a large table with a furniture pad blanket on it to prevent scratching up the paint during the install.

This video was helpful to see what exactly was involved in the fender removal process:

As mentioned, you will break some of the plastic clips. I found it really helpful to work a pair of long needle nose pliers around to the backside of the body panel to compress & release the "expanding teeth" of these clips as I popped them loose.
If I remember correctly there are 11 clips on each fender. Would recommend getting 8 or 10 spares to have on hand before you start this project.
Quadratec has replacements for a reasonable price:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/omix/fender-flare-clip-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt-11609.41

There is also a plastic rivet at the front of the plastic fender liner under the light assembly. The pin for this can be driven back into the rivet head with a small drift, or punch for removal. This rivet can be re-used when you put it all back together using some channel locks by working the jaw of the pliers to the backside & squeezing the pin back into place & expand the back of the rivet. (That will make more sense when you see it).

Hope this is a help.

Dave

Sammar

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Teacher
I took a shortcut and just tinted mine. Spent a lot of money on LED headlights,
Jeep Gladiator Which led fender parking and turn signal light recommend you guys? LED DRL 20210916_152807
Jeep Gladiator Which led fender parking and turn signal light recommend you guys? LED DRL 20210916_152822 (1)
Jeep Gladiator Which led fender parking and turn signal light recommend you guys? LED DRL 20210916_152822_2
fog lights as well as taillights. The tint worked well for me.

Sponsored

XJamesX

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 JT Mojave, ‘20 Jeep JL
I went with the Quake Smoked lens LED with sequential turn signals. I think they were around $270 and definitely a plug-n-play install. They look great too. (Sorry no pics or links tonight)

ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Yes, I did, then laid each fender on a large table with a furniture pad blanket on it to prevent scratching up the paint during the install.

This video was helpful to see what exactly was involved in the fender removal process:

As mentioned, you will break some of the plastic clips. I found it really helpful to work a pair of long needle nose pliers around to the backside of the body panel to compress & release the "expanding teeth" of these clips as I popped them loose.
If I remember correctly there are 11 clips on each fender. Would recommend getting 8 or 10 spares to have on hand before you start this project.
Quadratec has replacements for a reasonable price:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/omix/fender-flare-clip-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt-11609.41

There is also a plastic rivet at the front of the plastic fender liner under the light assembly. The pin for this can be driven back into the rivet head with a small drift, or punch for removal. This rivet can be re-used when you put it all back together using some channel locks by working the jaw of the pliers to the backside & squeezing the pin back into place & expand the back of the rivet. (That will make more sense when you see it).

Hope this is a help.

Dave
Dave,
Did you have the halogen originally?
I have mine installed and the DRLs aren't working. The instructions make no sense on the "premium" install with the DRL pin wiring.

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Dave,
Did you have the halogen originally?
I have mine installed and the DRLs aren't working. The instructions make no sense on the "premium" install with the DRL pin wiring.
Hi Robby,
No, my truck has the factory LED package.
I have scanned the wiring sheets that came with my Morimoto lights & including them here in case they are different from yours, or yours are missing.

On the first sheet as shown at the center of the page, I left the purple/pink connector plugged in as it was shipped for the standard recommended DLR brightness/functionality. This appears to be the only wiring connection shown on this page that should effect the DLR function of the new LED fender light.

Jeep Gladiator Which led fender parking and turn signal light recommend you guys? LED DRL IMG_2031E

I believe the note at the bottom of this sheet regarding the "premium edition" pins is only applicable if you are having problems with the small side marker light not working at all after installation.

This separate page below shows the changes you make to the bullet connectors of the new light harness depending on if your truck originally had the factory halogen, or LED lighting.

Jeep Gladiator Which led fender parking and turn signal light recommend you guys? LED DRL IMG_2021E

For yours with the halogen set up as shown at the bottom, plug the red wires together, and leave the white & green unplugged. Tape/wrap the loose wires back along the harness to help keep them dry & possibly shorting something the the brain box for the new lights.

When I first installed mine, I also thought the DLR's weren't working.
What happened is the DLR functions change depending on if the park lights & headlights are on or off, and also if the parking brake is applied.

Here is the sequence of how the Morimoto DLR's work in the different scenarios with the ignition on/running (the stock DLR's may function the same, just never checked before this).

LIGHTING/PARK BRAKE SCENARIO.................................FENDER DLR FUNCTION
All lights off/ park brake off....................................................................Bright
All lights off/ park brake engaged..........................................................Off
Park lights on/ park brake off...................................................................Bright
Park lights on/ park brake engaged........................................................Dim
Headlights on/ park brake off or engaged......................................Bright

This is the first auto transmission equipped vehicle I've had for many years. As such, out of habit I always set the park brake whenever I park.
After my initial installation, thought my DLR's weren't working either when I walked around the front with it running, in park & w/park brake on. As you can see above, they go out in that scenario.
Placed a mirror in front of the truck while playing around with the lights & park brake, and realized they illuminate differently depending on what is on or off.

Hope some of this is a help, and keep me up to date on what you find.

Sincerely,
Dave

ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Hi Robby,
No, my truck has the factory LED package.
I have scanned the wiring sheets that came with my Morimoto lights & including them here in case they are different from yours, or yours are missing.

On the first sheet as shown at the center of the page, I left the purple/pink connector plugged in as it was shipped for the standard recommended DLR brightness/functionality. This appears to be the only wiring connection shown on this page that should effect the DLR function of the new LED fender light.

Jeep Gladiator Which led fender parking and turn signal light recommend you guys? LED DRL IMG_2021E

I believe the note at the bottom of this sheet regarding the "premium edition" pins is only applicable if you are having problems with the small side marker light not working at all after installation.

This separate page below shows the changes you make to the bullet connectors of the new light harness depending on if your truck originally had the factory halogen, or LED lighting.

For yours with the halogen set up as shown at the bottom, plug the red wires together, and leave the white & green unplugged. Tape/wrap the loose wires back along the harness to help keep them dry & possibly shorting something the the brain box for the new lights.

When I first installed mine, I also thought the DLR's weren't working.
What happened is the DLR functions change depending on if the park lights & headlights are on or off, and also if the parking brake is applied.

Here is the sequence of how the Morimoto DLR's work in the different scenarios with the ignition on/running (the stock DLR's may function the same, just never checked before this).

LIGHTING/PARK BRAKE SCENARIO.................................FENDER DLR FUNCTION
All lights off/ park brake off....................................................................Bright
All lights off/ park brake engaged..........................................................Off
Park lights on/ park brake off...................................................................Bright
Park lights on/ park brake engaged........................................................Dim
Headlights on/ park brake off or engaged......................................Bright

This is the first auto transmission equipped vehicle I've had for many years. As such, out of habit I always set the park brake whenever I park.
After my initial installation, thought my DLR's weren't working either when I walked around the front with it running, in park & w/park brake on. As you can see above, they go out in that scenario.
Placed a mirror in front of the truck while playing around with the lights & park brake, and realized they illuminate differently depending on what is on or off.

Hope some of this is a help, and keep me up to date on what you find.

Sincerely,
Dave
Dave, thanks much! Based on what you laid out, the DRLs are working as expected and are awesome. Now I just can’t figure out why my side markers aren’t working now.

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Dave, thanks much! Based on what you laid out, the DRLs are working as expected and are awesome. Now I just can’t figure out why my side markers aren’t working now.
Hi Robby,
Wish I had a quick answer for you. On my truck the side marker lights worked without any issues.
I guess I would give the tech support guys at Retrofit Source a call tomorrow to see if they can help you to sort out what is going on with your side markers. (404)220-7940 Mon-Thurs 10:00-5:30, Fri 10:00-5:00 Eastern Time.
Again, hope this is a help, and let me know what they say.

Dave

Sponsored

ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Hi Robby,
Wish I had a quick answer for you. On my truck the side marker lights worked without any issues.
I guess I would give the tech support guys at Retrofit Source a call tomorrow to see if they can help you to sort out what is going on with your side markers. (404)220-7940 Mon-Thurs 10:00-5:30, Fri 10:00-5:00 Eastern Time.
Again, hope this is a help, and let me know what they say.

Dave
Haven't had a break from work and honey-dos to pull it apart as of yet but I put everything back until I could try again on the weekend. I noticed that once I had everything pinned up, my factory side markers aren't working either! I didn't muscle anything around while I was down there. The only thing I can think of is that the side marker connection on the back of the plug wiggled loose or something. Any ideas?

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Haven't had a break from work and honey-dos to pull it apart as of yet but I put everything back until I could try again on the weekend. I noticed that once I had everything pinned up, my factory side markers aren't working either! I didn't muscle anything around while I was down there. The only thing I can think of is that the side marker connection on the back of the plug wiggled loose or something. Any ideas?
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
Have been kicking it around, and am wondering if you will need to change the bullet connectors around on the Morimoto harness since your Mojave w/factory halogen lights would be considered a "premium edition" in the terminology used at the bottom of page 9 of the installation instructions which I have highlighted (see below).

Jeep Gladiator Which led fender parking and turn signal light recommend you guys? LED DRL 1637271788249

My thought is that to power the side marker lights on a "premium edition" JT originally equipped w/halogen lights, you will need to change the bullet connectors as shown below with the addition of my note in the text box.

Jeep Gladiator Which led fender parking and turn signal light recommend you guys? LED DRL IMG_2020102E

Unplug the red wire bullet connetors for the plug pin position #1, then connect the male bullet end on the wiring harness red wire to the female bullet connector on the green wire at pin position #4 of the plug.
You will leave the red wire female bullet connector at position #1 of the plug, and the white wire male bullet connector of the harness unplugged & sealed/taped off.

Before trying this, you will want to double check with the tech guys at Retrofit Source that I have figured this correctly, & that this will get the side markers working without messing something up in the brain box for the Morimoto lights.

Hope this is a help, and again let me know what you find.

Dave

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
Adding to an older thread as I didn't want to recreate when info already existed.

I added the Morimoto Gen2 XB DRL lights to my Willys. I also added the Morimoto smoked side markers since I was already taking it apart. I didn't remove my fenders as I found this install video from Extreme Terrain:

Install was pretty easy besides trying to pry the units out because the bracket was still in the way but only took about an hour and a half for install.

Verdict: I think they are sweet. They come with a ballast so I didn't need to use a programmer to change the computer to recognize them as LEDs.
Con: I wish they were a little bit brighter -- not as bright as the OEM LED fender lights.

20220917_073517.jpg

20220917_073539.jpg

Sealteem1

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Morimoto Headlights, DV8 fenders.