Sponsored

Why a Gladiator (JT) and not a Wrangler (JL)?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I had a similar experience when I was stuck for a bit in the icy rain storm in Buffalo area during my thanksgiving drive. Idk if the LE tires are different than the Overland but they do slip however for a stretch I just put it on 4H and drove it but it did well on the icy rain in 2H but not on ice sheets though it definitely does poorly compared to other SUVs I have driven in the past... Maybe a couple of sand bags in the back would have made it better... That's probably my only complaint with the JT - it performed poorly in icy rain snow conditions than expected... I wonder if there is a way to improve it with some mods?
Weight can't hurt and sandbags can come in handy to help others get moving, too. (use the sand under their tires)
That's why I am looking into different tires. I have no experience with the stock Overland tires......... but they seem to be more highway, maybe rain, multi-purpose, nice ride, good mpg, quiet, sort of tires.

This is what I faced today, I just missed this!

https://weather.com/news/news/2019-12-09-iowa-pileup-snow-des-moines
Sponsored

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Weight can't hurt and sandbags can come in handy to help others get moving, too. (use the sand under their tires)
That's why I am looking into different tires. I have no experience with the stock Overland tires......... but they seem to be more highway, maybe rain, multi-purpose, nice ride, good mpg, quiet, sort of tires.

Wow, those drivers are driving way too fast when there were 18 wheelers stopped in the middle of the highway LOL. Idk if they were not able to stop fast enough or just driving fast... I never understand why people don't want to slow down... I saw around 50 cars on both sides of the highway on the 90 near buffalo on thanksgiving Sunday during the icy storm in a span of 30 mins...

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
The Sand bags should help, and as you point d out, you can use them under the wheels tog etc a grip,on the road.
Also, Try using the off road pages to get the drive train diagram, it shows when the LSD engages, and other traction systems engage.
Cheers

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element

And that's why you didn't want to go for a drive to compare the Wrangler to the Grand Cherokee for cargo areas

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
And that's why you didn't want to go for a drive to compare the Wrangler to the Grand Cherokee for cargo areas
LOL - love it, yeah. Small little thing, really.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, those drivers are driving way too fast when there were 18 wheelers stopped in the middle of the highway LOL. Idk if they were not able to stop fast enough or just driving fast... I never understand why people don't want to slow down... I saw around 50 cars on both sides of the highway on the 90 near buffalo on thanksgiving Sunday during the icy storm in a span of 30 mins...
Black ice, it was a quick storm. Still, they WERE going too fast since they could have seen other vehicles having trouble. The big dump truck caught my eye - good grief, that guy was sailing! Those don't stop on a dime even in dry weather.

Sponsored

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
Why the JT instead of JL? Because I have a JKU already. Been waiting forever for the JT. Used to have a comanche back in the late 80s-early 90s.

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
Looserville (Louisville). I hope to get some hunting done next year in Eastern Ky, this year daughter was born right in the middle of November
Oh Man you see what that rep there is trying to do ?
Can you help me out by signing this petition?
http://chng.it/7nD6FWLt
Sponsored