First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator overland
Occupation
Surveyor / Fly fishing guide
I had a TJ when I was 16 and fell in love with jeeps. My father always owned Grand Cherokees growing up. I'm 37 now. I have been waiting for a jeep truck for over 20years. When I saw one at a dealership in Dec. I test drove it withing a few days. After I got back from my carribean guiding season in April, I convinced my boss to let me run my own survey truck and found the one I wanted! Unfortunately it was during the height of COVID so I could not factory order one. Ended up with a color matched top and the removable speaker. The rest of the truck is bang on to my option list.
Sponsored

TrailRax

First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
We picked up our gladiator to replace our old JK but also be a new showcase vehicle for new products coming to market from us. Also with the amount of overlanding we have gotten into a 2 door JK did not make sense to carry all our gear. The gladiator fit our needs and more.

Our reasons for a gladiator: Better transmission than JK, a great foundation to build off of, tons of storage space, and still has a ton of flex vs IFS midsized trucks.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Needed a new car. Wanted a truck. Post divorce chance to get something new that I wanted for me. Selfish purchase that my kids love. My 14 year old is learning to drive in it. It's big, slow and safe. Zero regrets. It's polarizing. Don't care. I took the top off today and spent the day 4 wheeling with my kids. Did the same on Father's Day. What could be better than that?

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
I ORDERED a Gladiator because last year when I was shopping for a truck, the crazy dealers were asking wild markups on JT's, so I went with a Tacoma for a year. Big mistake. The Tacoma is terrible. So now, I can get what I originally wanted in the first place.

jbn40301

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave 2020
I have had 6 Jeeps from the CJ5 to current JT one of each. The JT is by far the best, but I do miss the 258 inline v6 for rocks 1st gear in a 258 was like gold.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have had 6 Jeeps from the CJ5 to current JT one of each. The JT is by far the best, but I do miss the 258 inline v6 for rocks 1st gear in a 258 was like gold.
Typo, right? inline 6........
The 258 was like the 4.0 that came from the AMC 4 cyl which came from the 258 drawing boards - a work-horse. I've owned several vehicles with the 258 and worked on them decades ago when they were newer. Even IH used them - torque in the low end. You could put it in low, let out the clutch and IDLE up hills and inclines.

I bought my JT because of our great luck with Jeeps over the years - and because I like things that are "different", innovative and fun.
And now I'm spending a week of temps in the mid-90s in the garage cleaning up, throwing things away, giving things away, making room so I can park the poor truck inside and actually take the roof off and have room.
Can't wait. Side effect of wanting to get the roof off the truck - the garage gets cleaned up even if only half-way, making my wife happier person. So I guess the truck helps make my wife happy. That can't be bad, can it?

jbn40301

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave 2020
Typo, right? inline 6........
The 258 was like the 4.0 that came from the AMC 4 cyl which came from the 258 drawing boards - a work-horse. I've owned several vehicles with the 258 and worked on them decades ago when they were newer. Even IH used them - torque in the low end. You could put it in low, let out the clutch and IDLE up hills and inclines.

I bought my JT because of our great luck with Jeeps over the years - and because I like things that are "different", innovative and fun.
And now I'm spending a week of temps in the mid-90s in the garage cleaning up, throwing things away, giving things away, making room so I can park the poor truck inside and actually take the roof off and have room.
Can't wait. Side effect of wanting to get the roof off the truck - the garage gets cleaned up even if only half-way, making my wife happier person. So I guess the truck helps make my wife happy. That can't be bad, can it?
Yes typo inline 6 not a V My mistake just showes my age.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Yes typo inline 6 not a V My mistake just showes my age.
Ah, 39 again. OK.
Reminds me of when I went to a Moody Blues concert a few years ago. Graeme had just turned 70.
He walked out on stage first to get things warmed up and commented on turning 70.
Only older folks would get it - he said "it's ok, it means I lived through the 60s twice"

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Bill, did you ever add the max tow springs to your JT? If so, how did they work out?
I have ordered the MaxTow sori gs and shocks to put on my Sport S JT, as I was getting some up/down bounce when hauling heavier trailers (400-450 lbs tongue weigh).
cheers

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Multiple reasons:
I always wanted a scrambler, but need four seats.
Needed a small 4x4 truck.
Me and the wife like convertibles.
Both of us wanted a Jeep.
I'm a "car guy" and like unique vehicles.
And I had the thought that a new jeep might be better to have during the upcoming (ongoing?) apocalypse than an aging Kia Sorento.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted a truck and really didn't want to get rid of my JKU. This allowed me to have something similar to my JKU and have a truck, plus sell my jku so I could have about $11,000 in the bank extra to start my build on the JT. Seemed like a pretty good compromise, even though sometimes I still miss my JKU. Went from this to this, so I still got a smile on my face.

Jeep Gladiator Why did you buy your Gladiator? IMG_20171112_150748
Jeep Gladiator Why did you buy your Gladiator? 00000IMG_00000_BURST20200704070254346_COVER

DaddyG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Site superintendent
Vehicle Showcase
I bought it as a retirement gift......to myself ! I plan on a retirement move to the Delaware shore are soon, and I was looking for a droptop to get me out on the beach . I actually like the way the Wrangler Unlimited looks when the top and doors are gone, and I wasn't crazy about the Gladiator dressed the same, but in the end, it all comes down to $$, and they were doing really good lease deals on the Gladiator. Wifey had a Grand Cherokee in 2004, and I know its gonna be hard to pry her out of her Scat Pack Charger, but I think once we get on the beach, she'll be happy !

DiverDaddy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Max Tow
Occupation
Electronics Tech
I wanted this since Jeep released the concept! I finally got the chance to get one and I couldnā€™t be happier. Iā€™ve had a lot of vehicles in my time, including 3 wranglers but, this is by far my favorite.

jeepdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator , 91 Grand Wagoneer, 1964 CJ3B, 1967 Kaiser Jeep M715, two unrestored 1956 Willys Pickups
I loved my 2016 JKU, but I needed more towing capacity.
+ My wife has wanted us to buy a Gladiator since the first time that she had seen one last year.
So, it was a no brainer for us.
Smiling everyday that it is driven.

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
I miss my TJ and would buy another but my wife wanted 4 doors, and admittedly getting people in the back of a TJ is not fun. I also needed a truck more than another hatch, the moment that sealed it was when I had to make an emergency run for a new engine for my car and had to borrow a truck....I've largely gotten by without one until then but could not get that in a small hatchback car. Plus having a car that jumped timing and ate its valves made me second guess having that as an only vehicle (it's driven great with the replacement so far at least).

So I bought the best compromise I could find - a manual convertible pickup Jeep. No regrets so far (minus the price tag - I was enjoying not having a car payment)
Sponsored