Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
. Some would bitch about it if you gave them a $50 bill,. :LOL:

Congrats again, and enjoy your Gladdy.............. :)
I would if it was a newer 50. I'd prefer something from about 1900-1910. If it's too new, keep it.
Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
They make a gladiator for everyone. I really dislike the threads disparaging one trim or saying one is the best, the others suck etc. I like them all, but I bought the one was the best fit for me. As long as you did the same, enjoy the truck.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
I really like my HA, and just love the wheel design and size! The HA has everything I need for DC commute and nothing that I don't need. I do not wheel, so its perfect for my needs. Opinions are just like belly buttons...

FrankFrqnkFrank

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
I live in the Dunes and there are at least 4 other JT’s in our town of 600 homes. We will give your JTHA - and any other JT - a friendly welcoming wave

do me a favor. If you drive in on US Rt 12 east of IN 249, let me know if your adaptive cruise control and emergency braking turn off each time you start to pass by the Cleveland Cliffs steel mill. It only happens to me eastbound for a bit over a mile.

Sponsored

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
I wouldn't buy it for a bunch if reasons, but I don't have any hate for it. It's just not for me. As for the wheels, I wish I could fit 15s on mine. 17s are way too big for my taste. But I dont think there is anything preventing an HA owner from going to 17s if they so desired. Most of the things people dont like about the HA can be replaced with factory or aftermarket versions the other trims have.

flipmode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland
I like mine a lot- and there is a Jeep for everyone and every use. Yours might not be like mine (it damn sure doesn't have to be) and I really think that's the point.

To your question- I deliberated trim and options for weeks before pulling the trigger on my order. I found the HA trim to be nicer place to be if your gonna be in a vehicle. The platform is essentially a Lego set- mod it and make it our own. The HA had everything I wanted from the factory, and for the things I couldn't get, there are parts for that (re-gear, bigger tires, lockers, lights, and on and on).

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Point 2:
As for me, I hate the rims, they look stupid. It’s the total opposite of what a Jeep is whether you take it off road or not. It just looks like something you’d see in a rap video lol.
Exactly make point on saying it looks like the dope boy trim of all Jeeps

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
There's just no place to "off road" within even hours of me. .
Trust me I know all about it. Same here. I'm from KY, but I'm from the city (Louisville). Nothing remotely close legit enough to off road. I've had to go a few hours North to Redbird SRA for BOH trails. and I plan to go to Turkey Bay soon which is in KY but nearly on the TN border. People think cause Im from KY that I must off road a lot but not quite where I'm from. Hence another reason I knew the Overland for me. Off road or not, just personally not diggin any 20s on my rig but to each their own.

Sponsored

RangerG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Instructor
It’s so cool that “JEEP” has all these trim levels to fit what the customer wants. I glad you guys like your HA Gladiator. I have a Rubicon model, that was my cup of tea. Welcome the the Gladiator community.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Solid axle jeeps don't handle on the road particularly well.

There is nothing you can to to fix that. So for me a High Altitude combines the worst of all worlds. Low profile tires so you can't go off road without worrying about pinching a sidewall, but yet it still doesn't handle worth a crap on road.

I do get that if you needed a modestly capable pickup and wanted a convertible with no interest in going off road, then the HA may be the one. But even if you want to do fire roads the low profile tires on the HA are a liability.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
I look at it as Ford vs Lincoln, Chevy vs Cadillac, etc. I’m not a fancy car buyer but I sure understand why people buy them. They’re super nice! No hate here.

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
I think they are nice looking trucks. There's a Gladiator for everyone, to each their own - get what you like and fck'em.
Until someone starts contributing to my bills I could care less on their opinions.
Sponsored