Sponsored

Winter Floor mat recommendations

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2011 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (sold), 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sport S (sold), 1997 TJ Sport (sold), 1981 Grand Wagonner lifted with w/ 35" BFG (sold), 1973 Cadillac Eldorado, 2012 Moomba Mojo
Occupation
Urban Planner
Winter is coming.

Living in Ontario we can have some messy winters, lots of freeze thaw, slush and road salt. We are a winter sport family, usually driving to the ski club 3 days a week (my kids are competitive snowboarders) so we are constantly in and out with snowy boots. Not to mention the mud and gravel from the clubs parking lot in the spring melt.

I had though about the Mopar mats with the drain plug, but not sure I would ever really use it.

I am debating between the Rugged Ridge and the Quadratec Ultimate floor liners, anyone have any experience with either of these they would share?
Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I use Weathertech in all of my vehicles and have for many years. They are a nice exact fit and trap water and debris very well. I’ve used Husky in the past and they seem to deform (corners rolling) over time where the Weathertech liners do not. I haven’t used Husky in a long time so maybe they’ve upped their quality game?

I like Weathertech nonetheless.

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
I have the rugged ridge ones and they seem pretty nice. The underseat storage gets in the way of the rear ones and you have to do some cutting. Overall they seem well made.

OP
OP
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2011 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (sold), 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sport S (sold), 1997 TJ Sport (sold), 1981 Grand Wagonner lifted with w/ 35" BFG (sold), 1973 Cadillac Eldorado, 2012 Moomba Mojo
Occupation
Urban Planner
I have the rugged ridge ones and they seem pretty nice. The underseat storage gets in the way of the rear ones and you have to do some cutting. Overall they seem well made.
I have the underseat storage and would like to avoid cutting the liners. I would think any water from melting slush would just leak out if the lip is cut off. Alghough all of the stuff I have underseat is for summer outings, so maybe I could just remove the divider wall for the winter.

OP
OP
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Urban Planner
I use Weathertech in all of my vehicles and have for many years. They are a nice exact fit and trap water and debris very well. I’ve used Husky in the past and they seem to deform (corners rolling) over time where the Weathertech liners do not. I haven’t used Husky in a long time so maybe they’ve upped their quality game?

I like Weathertech nonetheless.
I was focussing on the Quadratec and Rugged Ridge (and maybe Mopar) becuase of the deep ridges/grooves. This is my daily driver and if I have meetings in the winter I don't want my dress pants to hang down into a puddle, the ridge/groove design seems to help keep the pants raised and the water drains into the grooves. The Weathertech seems to be more of a deep pan with slightly raised lines for traction.

Sponsored

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Mine came with the Mopar ones, I like them. Rather then sticking them in the drain hole, I ordered more drain plugs on amazon and just stuck them in the floor mat. I didn't trust the seal between the floor mat and floor, so left the factory plug in the floor. If I ever need to drain it, I'll tip it up a bit, pull the floor plug, drop the funnel into the floor and then pull the plug in the floor mat itself. I do like the idea behind it, but I feel more secure this way.

OP
OP
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Urban Planner
Mine came with the Mopar ones, I like them. Rather then sticking them in the drain hole, I ordered more drain plugs on amazon and just stuck them in the floor mat. I didn't trust the seal between the floor mat and floor, so left the factory plug in the floor. If I ever need to drain it, I'll tip it up a bit, pull the floor plug, drop the funnel into the floor and then pull the plug in the floor mat itself. I do like the idea behind it, but I feel more secure this way.
I like that idea, and that may be what I do.

Fundamental Jeepster

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
retired
I chose the Quadratec and am quite pleased.
Sponsored