Sponsored

Wiring lockers from Rubicon & UD44 axles to non Rubicon?

MoparMan

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Existence
what is needed to do this? Do you wire it to the factory locker switch or would an aftermarket auxillary switch be needed?
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Wiring an aftermarket switch will be easiest. All they need is 12v power and a ground. You should be able to buy just the locker control pigtail to plug into axle housing on the Rubi axle.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
be curious to wire up rubi front locker and sway disconnect to the mojave......use the factory switch part number.

I know Im not the first to think of this...any insight?

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
be curious to wire up rubi front locker and sway disconnect to the mojave......use the factory switch part number.

I know Im not the first to think of this...any insight?
No first hand experience. But from what I have read the concensus is that the sway bar is a no go. The locker may be more trouble then its worth, but you have the rear already there so having it match would be a factor. Required a flash or possibly tazer. If it was me though I would nice the factory control for both & move them to aftermarket. S-Tech makes some that will give you 4 switch's in the same place.

OP
OP
MoparMan

MoparMan

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Existence
No first hand experience. But from what I have read the concensus is that the sway bar is a no go. The locker may be more trouble then its worth, but you have the rear already there so having it match would be a factor. Required a flash or possibly tazer. If it was me though I would nice the factory control for both & move them to aftermarket. S-Tech makes some that will give you 4 switch's in the same place.
I think you can custom order the S-Tech and have an OEMish sorta look. That said, the SPod seems to be the way to go, i purchased the bantam X myself, waiting on my Dana ultimate 44 axle.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Are you trying to take the whole axle from the Rubicon and install it for the lockers? If so, will probably be cheaper to do ARB or Yukon air lockers which have the benefit of not frying on you like the Rubicon's have been.
Sponsored