Sponsored

Yakima Overhaul HD

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
I haven't seen a thread on this bed rack specifically, so I figured that I would make one.

I landed on this rack after not being happy with the permanence and weight of most options on the market. I even went so far as starting to design my own out of aluminum extrusion. However, the BOM for my design was equal or more than most racks on the market and was sure to have some growing pains. I like the adjustability of the Yakima, that it is made of aluminum, and that it has quick release feet on it for when you actually need to use the truck bed as a truck bed. I plan on installing a GFC SuperLite on top when the GFC is ready. The combination of the ~80lb SuperLite that's easily removable + the easily removable bed rack should make for a pretty modular setup.

Currently it's just unboxed, but I'll post pics after install.

Jeep Gladiator Yakima Overhaul HD 20210120_174139
Sponsored

Georgia Jeeper

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Insurance
I have been searching and searching for a bed rack and that one is by far my favorite that I have come across, but I am too cheap to pull the trigger on it.

treadmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR, 2017 VW Golf R
And...installed! Hard to beat a 1hr install. Pretty happy so far. Now the SideBars just need to come in stock...

Jeep Gladiator Yakima Overhaul HD 20210122_170401

Jeep Gladiator Yakima Overhaul HD 20210122_170401
Are you pleased with it after having had it for a while? Did you use 60” or 68” crossbars? TIA

OP
OP
InvertedLogic

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Are you pleased with it after having had it for a while? Did you use 60” or 68” crossbars? TIA

So far so good, but I honestly haven't had a chance to use it for real yet. Still waiting on my RTT to mount to it. Supposed to be ready for pickup this month, we'll see.

I did change the way I mounted the bases. I installed a DIY strut channel rail, so the bed clamps no longer work. So I picked up the rail mounting kit, slightly modified it (since its designed to work with OEM trail rail), and reinstalled the bases. I've been running without the towers since I don't have the tent yet....

I have the 68" bars and they're about even with the cab width if I remember right. They have roughly 4-6" of hang-over on each side of the tower. Would be great for mounting an awing, or bike rack beside a tent, or similar.

Jeep Gladiator Yakima Overhaul HD 20210505_192956

Sponsored

treadmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR, 2017 VW Golf R
So far so good, but I honestly haven't had a chance to use it for real yet. Still waiting on my RTT to mount to it. Supposed to be ready for pickup this month, we'll see.

I did change the way I mounted the bases. I installed a DIY strut channel rail, so the bed clamps no longer work. So I picked up the rail mounting kit, slightly modified it (since its designed to work with OEM trail rail), and reinstalled the bases. I've been running without the towers since I don't have the tent yet....

I have the 68" bars and they're about even with the cab width if I remember right. They have roughly 4-6" of hang-over on each side of the tower. Would be great for mounting an awing, or bike rack beside a tent, or similar.

Jeep Gladiator Yakima Overhaul HD 20210505_192956
Thank you!

GibbonsMonkey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator; 2020 Ford F350
For what it’s worth, I had the Overhaul H-D on my Ranger with an ikamper mini RTT installed, and it was excellent. Very good build quality. Would buy again if I didn’t go with a canopy on the JL.
Sponsored