Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
Is that the rival bumper? If so thoughts?
the Rival bumpers are really nice quality and lightweight. The winch plate/bumper support is steel so it’s strong where it matters.

I had one on my previous JT before we went full Road armor and we still run It on our 2dr.

Jeep Gladiator You’re my boy Blue (Diesel JT Build) 3CE142C6-2D96-40E4-8F92-27FCCC8BE451
Jeep Gladiator You’re my boy Blue (Diesel JT Build) 2AA70223-0697-4477-9DF3-F733EB876447

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
How “stubby” does a bumper have to be to clear 42s? Obviously this one works but what about a slightly wider like the rock hard 4x4 aluminum oneetc?

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
How “stubby” does a bumper have to be to clear 42s? Obviously this one works but what about a slightly wider like the rock hard 4x4 aluminum oneetc?
I think there are too many variables like axle width/position, wheel offset, lift height etc. to have a solid answer to that question. We ordered 72.5" wide axles and will be sticking with a fairly agressive offset(-38) with the 43x15's. Once all the components arrive I'm happy to take some measurements.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
A buddy of mine insisted I try a Hike-It throttle “booster.” They had a sale and I figured why not as I’m getting bored waiting on axles and related parts.
I didn’t expect much as I know it doesn’t really give me any more power, but wow what a difference it makes in daily driving feel.
I had one of the other guys at the shop that has a JLU diesel install it on his first as he drives a bit more “spirited.” When he came back from his test drive he immediately ordered one.
We both agreed it seemed to get rid of that dead zone the Diesels have at light throttle.
Jeep Gladiator You’re my boy Blue (Diesel JT Build) 94CDEB72-4625-4F41-94E1-487DBD36D0BC

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
A buddy of mine insisted I try a Hike-It throttle “booster.” They had a sale and I figured why not as I’m getting bored waiting on axles and related parts.
I didn’t expect much as I know it doesn’t really give me any more power, but wow what a difference it makes in daily driving feel.
I had one of the other guys at the shop that has a JLU diesel install it on his first as he drives a bit more “spirited.” When he came back from his test drive he immediately ordered one.
We both agreed it seemed to get rid of that dead zone the Diesels have at light throttle.
Jeep Gladiator You’re my boy Blue (Diesel JT Build) 94CDEB72-4625-4F41-94E1-487DBD36D0BC
Is it basically the same thing as a pedal commander? Never heard of hike it. Is it diesel specific?

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
Is it basically the same thing as a pedal commander? Never heard of hike it. Is it diesel specific?
I haven't tried a pedal commander, but they appear to perform the same function. For the $120 shipped it was something worth trying. They are not diesel specific, my buddy that suggested it had it on his 3.6l JK(His would not work on mine, but the JL/JT specific model works across the lineup)

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I haven't tried a pedal commander, but they appear to perform the same function. For the $120 shipped it was something worth trying. They are not diesel specific, my buddy that suggested it had it on his 3.6l JK(His would not work on mine, but the JL/JT specific model works across the lineup)

Would this interfere with adding any Banks gauges, a programmer or Tazer?

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
Would this interfere with adding any Banks gauges, a programmer or Tazer?
Not sure about the banks gauges but I use it with my Tazer. It goes inline with the electronic throttle harness and alters that signal, so I don't see why it would interfere.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
Some minor changes/upgrades while I'm waiting for my axles to arrive.
Dynatrac informed us our axles should ship withing 1-2 weeks so hopefully we have some major changes then.
Downsized back to the 37" BFG & Spyderlocks, but painted the rings black for a little contrast. Installed a Bulletproof phone mount(one of my favorite mods), and installed a Smartliner bed mat. I don't use my bed as much as some of you do, but after picking up and dropping off a few parts to powdercoat I'm really happy with the bed mat. Not only do I not worry about denting my bed(the mat is really thick), parts just seem to stick to the mat rather than sliding all over the place.
Jeep Gladiator You’re my boy Blue (Diesel JT Build) IMG_9670
Jeep Gladiator You’re my boy Blue (Diesel JT Build) IMG_9520
Jeep Gladiator You’re my boy Blue (Diesel JT Build) IMG_9667