Z-clip broke for a 2nd time

boltnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Business Owner
I received and installed my original Sunrider in July of 2020. I noticed in November 2020 that my passenger side Z-clip was broken. The top was replaced under warranty and the new one has been on the truck since December 2020. This morning when I arrived at work, as I was closing the top, I heard a loud 'POP'. Of course I immediately though of the Z-clip and sure enough it has broken again. So disappointing. I guess I'll have to try to come up with some sort of DIY fix.
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The Z-clips are the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I'll never forget trying to assemble a Sunrider for Hardtop for the very first time. I think I actually cussed, and I don't normally cuss.

dswilfpack

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara edition JL
I received and installed my original Sunrider in July of 2020. I noticed in November 2020 that my passenger side Z-clip was broken. The top was replaced under warranty and the new one has been on the truck since December 2020. This morning when I arrived at work, as I was closing the top, I heard a loud 'POP'. Of course I immediately though of the Z-clip and sure enough it has broken again. So disappointing. I guess I'll have to try to come up with some sort of DIY fix.
did you found a way to fix the problem. I recently purchased a used sunrider and did not know the z-clips were broken. Did you do a DIY to fix it?

OP
OP

boltnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Business Owner

dswilfpack

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara edition JL

Sponsored

Rum Diaries

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
One of mine broke as well. You come up with any solution?

Haden

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Build Thread
Link
Well glad to hear I am not the only one that has a broken z clip.
Sponsored