Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I was just saying on the Jeep website is wasn't showing as a color option yet for the JTs.

My order went in on 18 August and it's on my order sheet
Ok. We're ordering a JL, so I was just looking for a timeline. (keeping the JT)
Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
One would think with the Bronco competing with the Wrangler we would see some new enhancements to even the JT. Jeep stood alone at the top of the mountain. with competition comes innovation.

Bruce
I think we have one more year before refresh on the Wrangler and maybe a bit longer on the Gladiator. I'd expect the next generation to be when the competition really heats up though. Honestly, I prefer the interior layout and looks of the JT/JL platform, but there are things ford does better, such as the more powerful base engine and the 4 piece hardtop.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Ok. We're ordering a JL, so I was just looking for a timeline. (keeping the JT)
I'm doing it the opposite of you.......we have the JL already and adding the JT; while keeping the JL lol

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think we have one more year before refresh on the Wrangler and maybe a bit longer on the Gladiator. I'd expect the next generation to be when the competition really heats up though. Honestly, I prefer the interior layout and looks of the JT/JL platform, but there are things ford does better, such as the more powerful base engine and the 4 piece hardtop.
More power for sure. I'm going to wait for an LS swap option. Should be vastly cheaper then a Hemi swap.

Sponsored

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Honestly, at least for the Gladiator there is no competition. That is why Jeep is slow. If Ford suddenly put a Ranger Raptor out when they released the Bronco, we'd would have seen a Hemi option. Competition pushes the market and I'm waiting to see what's next for the Gladiator.

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
Honestly, at least for the Gladiator there is no competition. That is why Jeep is slow. If Ford suddenly put a Ranger Raptor out when they released the Bronco, we'd would have seen a Hemi option. Competition pushes the market and I'm waiting to see what's next for the Gladiator.

Good point but the Ranger Raptor is supposed to be coming for MY23. There isn't squat about it on the FoMoCo website but they're in the wild overseas.

With FiaChryslantisiat announcing the end of the muscle cars due to CAFE fines I doubt at this point we'd see a factory 392 Gladiator. The Hurricane probably isn't happening in this platform either. But maybe we could see a Ranger Raptor killing tuned 4xe Mojave? That would be a total game changer.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
I built a 23 like my 22. There was about a $1000 difference. And no Gorilla glass.
Mine would actually be cheaper by about 800 because the hard top is now standard on the Rubicon.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Sponsored

RMFSJT

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 K1500, 13 Focus ST, 23 JT Rubicon
For mine it was $110 price difference from the last 22 price increase to my 23 order, was $68,955 -295 for gorilla glass $68,660 for mine as a 22. My 23 MSRP was $68,770.

Ordered 14 July, Scheduled for assembly on 26 Jul.

9BA99D9F-D5FC-4BCF-B0B5-C7689D61DB5F.jpeg

Last edited:

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I'll never understand charging $995 for painted fenders on an almost $70K Rubicon while the $40K Willys Sport comes with them as standard. They previously were $495 and it should have stayed that way. I know prices go up but charging over double? C'mon.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'll never understand charging $995 for painted fenders on an almost $70K Rubicon while the $40K Willys Sport comes with them as standard. They previously were $495 and it should have stayed that way. I know prices go up but charging over double? C'mon.
100% agree.

I checked the box for painted fenders on my order; knowing it would still be more expensive to get my local shop to paint them.

The Duck of Earl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In flux
Agree that the Ford Bronco has the benefit of being fresh and that is in large part having something to benchmark against and just being newer. Plus Ford's engine offerings are ostensibly better top to bottom than FCAs in every segment.

That said, execution on the details has been questionable. While the 4 piece hardtop seems like a good in idea, the lack of a 'sport bar' has really made it a bit of a disappointment in reality. The wind noise is a bit of a problem (even compared to the Jeep).

The Duck of Earl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In flux
Mine would actually be cheaper by about 800 because the hard top is now standard on the Rubicon.
Something is amis on the build and price, and I am not buy-ing the hard top being standard on the Rubicon...

If this is the case, I just build a Freedom Package and Rubicon with the steel bumpers, both with hardtops and the same options (pretty loaded, but the standard seats) and it comes up with the Freedom as being more expensive at $61,430 vs $61,195 for the Rubicon.

Not possible.
Sponsored