Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.suspensiondirect.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Suspension Gurus
1) How does your system different from other Electronic Suspension Systems on the Market?

Our system is a lot different actually, These are the main differences:

A. SDI E-CLIK shock electronic valves are completely proportional, meaning we can set our valve to any position in its range of adjustment. It’s not an on/off or 2 position system, like some systems on the market.

B. The SDI E-CLIK ACTIVE w/ Pro Menu systems are semi-active. This means we are changing the shock damping force in response to changing driving conditions and driver input. We are collecting data from the vehicle’s On Board Diagnostic (OBD) system and from our Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU). It is the fastest system on the market, looking at all data and calculating damping force adjustment and sending the signal to the shock 250 times per second.

C. E-CLIK ACTIVE w/ Pro Menu is the only system in the world that allows the driver to fine tune how the electronics work. There are 5 menus, Brake Sensitivity, Turn Sensitivity, Roll Sensitivity, Throttle Sensitivity, Pitch Sensitivity. These menus allow complete customization of your vehicle’s ride.

D. Color Touch screen Controller – The display is always there, making it easy to adjust, and showing real time data. Plus it is hard wired so the response is instantaneous. Some other systems require you to use your phone as the display.

2) Will your suspension work in extreme colds?

A. Yes – Given our experience in Power Sports applications and Snowmobiles we utilize oil, as well as high-grade rubber seals with a higher/lower temperature range compared to the industry standard NBR Seals, that allow performance and durability in cold climates.

3) What is the difference between a Semi-active Suspension System and an Active Suspension System?

A. A Semi-Active system changes shock damping force in response to changing road conditions, driver input, etc. An Active system has an actuator which can physically raise or lower the chassis at each wheel in response to changing road conditions, driver input, etc.

4) Does your system work with the 4xe, Diesel, or 392 models?

A. Yes! Our system is compatible with those Jeep packages.

5) Is your system compatible with 3.5" long arm kits?

A. Yes! We've had several customers and dealers take advantage of our suspension system with their Long arm setups.

6) What's the current order lead time?

A. Give us a call for the most accurate lead time, however, we typically keep kits ready on the shelf, and ship within a few days of ordering.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ajkaz

First Name
Arun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD
I received my kit within a week of ordering. Will be installing soon and update everyone. @SuspensionDirect I would include in the installation instructions that the shock lengths as measured compared to the settings will be slightly different due to the top out spring. I'd never install shocks without measuring them and I know many here that would act similarly. Otherwise the fit & finish and quality are top notch! These things are freaking huge and the TC display is pretty awesome.

On a side note, I did speak with Banks at length and the Derringer will not be updated for compatibility with the elick system. Apparently the Derringer is accessing TONS of information and the CANbus system is at its limit with just that device. The additional bandwidth just isn't there. Pedal Monster with the App can still work, but not with the iDash, must be stand alone. If you had to pick one, I'd rather have the suspension....

OP
OP
SuspensionDirect

SuspensionDirect

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.suspensiondirect.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Suspension Gurus
I received my kit within a week of ordering. Will be installing soon and update everyone. @SuspensionDirect I would include in the installation instructions that the shock lengths as measured compared to the settings will be slightly different due to the top out spring. I'd never install shocks without measuring them and I know many here that would act similarly. Otherwise the fit & finish and quality are top notch! These things are freaking huge and the TC display is pretty awesome.

On a side note, I did speak with Banks at length and the Derringer will not be updated for compatibility with the elick system. Apparently the Derringer is accessing TONS of information and the CANbus system is at its limit with just that device. The additional bandwidth just isn't there. Pedal Monster with the App can still work, but not with the iDash, must be stand alone. If you had to pick one, I'd rather have the suspension....
Appreciate the feedback! I'll mention that to the staff. Look forward to seeing your thoughts!

ajkaz

First Name
Arun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD
Got the shocks installed without any issues. Use the JL instructions only a few differences. Harnesses were very well made and perfect length. You could possibly relocate the control unit to the cab maybe behind the glove box if under hood temps cause issues.

I will confirm that these fit the fenders with zero trimming. They also fit with factory wheels, I am running stock Rubicon wheels with 35x10.5's. I did adjust the steering stops a bit to minimize rubbing. I'm likely gonna need new stickers from my testing but all is perfect otherwise. I may add a 1.75" wheel spacer to each side later on but they fit great.

The road ride is great, they do transfer a little more vibration and movement into the cab on rough freeway than the stock shocks. I think this may be due to the use of heims vs rubber bushings.

I basically installed them over last weekend then drove from Los Angeles to AZ two days later and back for work. So they haven't been off road, but they have been through hours of driving at slow and fast speeds in 115F temperatures with no issues at all. I have hit some huge dips in intersections and some pretty gnarly construction areas at speed and can say the dampening difference is significant even on-road. These would have definitely bottomed the Jeep out before. The handling is also much improved and gets better the more I dial the system in. I dont think it would be worth purchasing without the Pro level kit. The active features and rate changes during turning, acceleration and braking are game changers. It makes the truck handle far better at higher and lower speeds.

2 things to note:
-My rear OEM Rubicon springs with a 3/4" spacer easily unseat at the shortest shock setting. You'll need much longer rear springs, I am waiting on Synergy to finish testing on their 1" rear JT lift springs. your brake lines will be tight at this length but not damaged.

-If you have a diesel your maximum front uptravel at the shock is 17.5" with the OEM bump bottomed out. not a huge deal, but you'll loose 1" of uptravel and some of your "bump zone" because of this. Once I have other things addressed and the truck is complete and I am bored I'll likely look into a mount spacer to move compression up an inch... maybe....

If I had to do it all over again, I'd likely go the same path and am happy so far. Excited to get it out into the dirt and go fast.... But not too fast until I can get those new rear springs.

Also running all OEM suspension except springs (Synergy 2 " Diesel JT Lift Springs), sway bar links, and front lower Mopar control arms. Have no need or desire to change anything else out at the moment.

OP
OP
SuspensionDirect

SuspensionDirect

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.suspensiondirect.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Suspension Gurus
Got the shocks installed without any issues. Use the JL instructions only a few differences. Harnesses were very well made and perfect length. You could possibly relocate the control unit to the cab maybe behind the glove box if under hood temps cause issues. ....
Thank you for the feedback!

Sponsored

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon

I just have the iDash, not the derringer. Does that mean even just the gauge isn't going to work with the shocks?

ajkaz

First Name
Arun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD
I just have the iDash, not the derringer. Does that mean even just the gauge isn't going to work with the shocks?
I’m not sure, give it a try. It’s requesting a TON of info from the ecm and may tie up the bus, not positive.
Sponsored