First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
For those of you interested in other platforms, Lite Brite has a Bronco Raptor with some great videos of them wheeling it in Sand Hollow. IMO, it performs incredibly well for a stock vehicle, IFS or not. In the first few minutes of this video, they discuss their roof leaks and Fords quality control issues. Pretty disappointing on an 80k+ vehicle.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, The Jeep Gladiators have had their share of issues as well. I love mine and lucked out on having 70,000 of issue free miles for the most part. My neighbors on the other hand is probably gonna need a new Transmission at 8200 miles in on his $66,000 Rubicon.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Not interested in anything Lite Brite has to say anymore. They were way cooler when they just had a red rubicon on 35s, then I feel like they kinda sold out. But good to know about the issues on the Ford

OP
OP
Chief_jeep

Chief_jeep

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
why is this on a gladiator site???
Same reason people post about the new ZR2 and Ranger.... They are competing vehicles and it is interesting to see what the competition is making, which inevitably pushes Jeep to make better products. The title was pretty straight forward, if you don't want to read it, you don't have to

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chief_jeep

Chief_jeep

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Not interested in anything Lite Brite has to say anymore. They were way cooler when they just had a red rubicon on 35s, then I feel like they kinda sold out. But good to know about the issues on the Ford
That's a fair opinion. Basically you don't like them because they are popular enough to build multiple Jeeps that are unattainable for most people?

That's a fair opinion. Just so I understand, you do
Yeah, The Jeep Gladiators have had their share of issues as well. I love mine and lucked out on having 70,000 of issue free miles for the most part. My neighbors on the other hand is probably gonna need a new Transmission at 8200 miles in on his $66,000 Rubicon.
Jeep definitely has their fair share of issues. I just thought it was interesting that the roof leaked in light rain on a brand new vehicle. Imagine going through a high pressure car wash.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
That's a fair opinion. Basically you don't like them because they are popular enough to build multiple Jeeps that are unattainable for most people?

That's a fair opinion. Just so I understand, you do
That’s a negative. I don’t know about you, but when I watch videos about vehicles I own, I’m looking for realistic examples to what I own. When sponsorships come along they basically ruin the channel. Driving over rocks in a monster truck has lost my interest and I’ll move on to the next person doing real world things. I could care less about the popularity contest, most people I watch online have a few hundred followers and they’re doing the same things I’m doing.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
That’s a negative. I don’t know about you, but when I watch videos about vehicles I own, I’m looking for realistic examples to what I own. When sponsorships come along they basically ruin the channel. Driving over rocks in a monster truck has lost my interest and I’ll move on to the next person doing real world things. I could care less about the popularity contest, most people I watch online have a few hundred followers and they’re doing the same things I’m doing.
I feel ya on that but some of them do offer non Bias opinions even though they have figured out how to make a living doing the stuff. There are also some that like you said that are all about the sponsorship and will bash good products to keep the free stuff coming in. When I see someone say they sent me this to review I'm always like you kind of hesitate to really believe your gonna give a non Bias opinion on something.

OP
OP
Chief_jeep

Chief_jeep

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Appreciate the response. That makes perfect sense. I think for some people they enjoy seeing what their vehicle could be. Plus they go to a lot of cool places and host events which is great for the community.
Most people aren't doing a 840hp AMW swap but there are a lot of people on tons and 40s.

@Jeeperjamie nailed it, they are clearly very sponsored and don't hide that but they are very unbiased in their reviews.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Appreciate the response. That makes perfect sense. I think for some people they enjoy seeing what their vehicle could be. Plus they go to a lot of cool places and host events which is great for the community.
Most people aren't doing a 840hp AMW swap but there are a lot of people on tons and 40s.

@Jeeperjamie nailed it, they are clearly very sponsored and don't hide that but they are very unbiased in their reviews.
my thoughts exactly, they push higher prices products (not necessarily higher end) because that’s who they’re sponsored by. I’m not that type of guy. I follow Prodigal Overland because I came from the WK2 format prior to the Gladiator. He’s still on a factory air suspension setup with some extra bells and whistles and a little larger tire than stock. No frills at all, and I can appreciate that more than a person who says buy this because it’s the best.

So when I see a Gladiator on tons and 40s, I generally skip to the next video. Realistic? Yes, I can do that to my rig today with my own hands and tools. But I’m not going to, because I’m not interested in it. Nothing against guys who do it, just ain’t me. That’s the joys of owning a Jeep, everyone’s different.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chief_jeep

Chief_jeep

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
my thoughts exactly, they push higher prices products (not necessarily higher end) because that’s who they’re sponsored by. I’m not that type of guy. I follow Prodigal Overland because I came from the WK2 format prior to the Gladiator. He’s still on a factory air suspension setup with some extra bells and whistles and a little larger tire than stock. No frills at all, and I can appreciate that more than a person who says buy this because it’s the best.

So when I see a Gladiator on tons and 40s, I generally skip to the next video. Realistic? Yes, I can do that to my rig today with my own hands and tools. But I’m not going to, because I’m not interested in it. Nothing against guys who do it, just ain’t me. That’s the joys of owning a Jeep, everyone’s different.
I’m not a huge fan of theirs and don’t watch all their content but I haven’t seen them pushing products just because they are sponsored by them. If anything, I’ve seen them talk about products they’ve purchased and gave honest opinions on. Yes, they are sponsored by Nitto and Bilstein but I can’t remember them saying that those are the best products, etc.

Personally I’m on tons and 39s and go to Southern Utah to crawl. My Jeep is built for that. An almost stock JT would have a terrible time on the same trails. My build is complete overkill to go camping/“overlanding” which I also do. I think it depends what you plan on using your Jeep for. But that is the joy of owning a Jeep. It’s very easy to customize to your needs/wants.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Lite Brite schtick wears thin. I will take the hits from the White Knights but everybody knows why it has a modicum of YT success and it is not the technical content.

I also followed early on when it was them paying out of pocket for their builds and they were relatable.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Lite Brite schtick wears thin. I will take the hits from the White Knights but everybody knows why it has a modicum of YT success and it is not the technical content.

I also followed early on when it was them paying out of pocket for their builds and they were relatable.
A blonde bimbo on the thumbnail of every other video probably helps... just thinking out loud. I've got thick skin and can take the hits lol

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Yeah use to follow them when they were relatable now it’s all click bait.
Sponsored