Sponsored

Questions / requests for LA Auto Show reveal?

Sensamacchina

First Name
Flavio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tutti rotti o nel mare
Given that the previous generation Ecodiesel was sold in Europe, I would expect the 2nd generation as well. Might be easier than getting it in the states.
Well, that's a strange point.
Maybe I'm telling you something you already know, but:

In Europe we have already some JL diesel circulating, but they are 2.0 liter. It's the same engine that the Alfa Romeo Giulia and Stelvio are using.
I'm saying that it's a strange point because we have the 3.0 diesel mounted on the Grand Cherokee, that it's practically the only engine sold here in Italy on that car, and so it would have been... implied to have the 3.0 on the JL also.
But so it wasn't.

Currently I'm waiting for a 2.0 diesel JL that should be delivered in the beginning of 2019.
The distribution of the JL has been a nightmare here in Italy. Currently it is still impossible to build a JL configuration on Jeep italian website.

This is the reason why I'm very worried about the delivery dates of the Gladiator.
(Sorry for my little OT)
Sponsored

WareAmI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Chevelle, 2015 Yamaha R6

In Europe we have already some JL diesel circulating, but they are 2.0 liter. It's the same engine that the Alfa Romeo Giulia and Stelvio are using.
I'm saying that it's a strange point because we have the 3.0 diesel mounted on the Grand Cherokee, that it's practically the only engine sold here in Italy on that car, and so it would have been... implied to have the 3.0 on the JL also.
But so it wasn't.

Currently I'm waiting for a 2.0 diesel JL that should be delivered in the beginning of 2019.
The distribution of the JL has been a nightmare here in Italy. Currently it is still impossible to build a JL configuration on Jeep italian website.

This is the reason why I'm very worried about the delivery dates of the Gladiator.
(Sorry for my little OT)
You will probably see a few USA spec ones around the military bases. I am torn between the JL and the JT. Also I will be back in Italy next year and I am ordering one to be delivered there.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Fuel capacity!

(The Ram 1500 offers an optional 33 gallon tank!)

Sensamacchina

First Name
Flavio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tutti rotti o nel mare
You will probably see a few USA spec ones around the military bases. I am torn between the JL and the JT. Also I will be back in Italy next year and I am ordering one to be delivered there.
My personal advice is to absolutely AVOID the official italian distribution network.
We have some importers here, which buys the cars directly from USA and sell them in Italy, that are not under the horrible management of the official dealers. (If it is allowed, I'll paste here a link)

If you haven't some particular needs, like for example financing or including some insurances in the financing, go with an unofficial importer.

If you are buying a gas JL or JT i guess you are already informed about how much we have to pay the gas here in Italy.... :mad:
(currently about 1.7 € per liter, which is about 7.5 USD per gallon)
Probably the best choice for Italy is the diesel, unless you can afford the gas

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata

But so it wasn't.

(Sorry for my little OT)
I would suspect that the reason is that the 2nd gen 3.0 isn't available yet at all in the JL, the Ram or the Grand Cherokee.

But given that the 1st gen 3.0 was available in the Ram and GC in Europe, I would suspect that once it becomes available, it'll probably be offered in Europe for the JT.

Sponsored

nerdridesbikes

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Colorado
I would like to know why the towing capacity is so much higher on the gladiator than the standard wrangler. Also, will there be a cap either as an option or Mopar accessory.

Really I’d like to know if they can make me a JL version of the Safari concept, but that doesn’t pertain to this. Maybe a wagon body on the Gladiator frame?

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I would like to know why the towing capacity is so much higher on the gladiator than the standard wrangler. Also, will there be a cap either as an option or Mopar accessory.

Really I’d like to know if they can make me a JL version of the Safari concept, but that doesn’t pertain to this. Maybe a wagon body on the Gladiator frame?
The towing capacity is higher because of the "Ram inspired" suspension. Also the longer wheel base might help a bit as well. I am sure someone will have toppers either Mopar and/or aftermarket.

Jeep will not be building you a special concept vehicle, however you might have some luck with AEV or other fabrication shops.

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
integrated trailer brake controller standard?

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram Rebel, 12 JKU
Just good old MSRP please, and hopeful they have a military green color with tan top available

Sponsored

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin

Wildmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Durango R/T
Thanks for offering to do this for us.

I will echo everybody's suggestions for photos, info on colors and options, etc. I'll also add another request: Could you please take a detailed test-drive and post a video on the site? Be sure to take it off-road, drive with the top/door off, etc.

If that's too much trouble you can simply steal it and drive it to my place in CO Springs...I'll take it from there.

;)

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
We can answer those right now.

1. 4 door quad cab is all they're offering for now.
2. 5 foot bed is all they're offering right now.
3. They will not offer a manual with anything but the 3.6 V6 gasser right now.
How is this known about the crew cab only? If no extended now, then when?

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
1) Colors
2) Any future special additions already in the works
3) Will Mopar have lifts available at launch
4) Details on the Roof options
5) Any Mopar accessories available at launch

Thanks for doing this!! Cant wait to see all the pics and info!
Sponsored