Sponsored

Our Q&A / FAQ from Jeep Gladiator debut at LA Auto Show

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
Hey Jay, thanks for all your hard work. Can you tell me if the back seat leg room is less than a JL? I have not seen any official cab dimensions yet.
Backseat leg room is the same as the JL the cabin of the JT is identical to the JL (this excludes the gear box under the seat speaker etc...)
Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Several questions here:

Does anyone know if the sliding rear window has defrost on it? I did not see defrost lines on it.

For the hard top versions I am wondering if you can stow the removable panels behind the rear seats.

Does anyone have a picture of a locking hard top toneau cover for the bed of the truck?

Anyone know where the jack is stowed? Love to see a picture of that.

Looks like you can’t get navigation on a Sport or a Sport S, correct?

Does anyone know if it’s a cap less gas filler? I saw a $54,000 regular Wrangler the other day and there was nothing to hold the gas cap to the gas door. So every time you fill up the gas cap had to dangle down and scratch the paint of a $55,000 Jeep.

And finally does anyone know if the rag top is a power opening top or is it a manually opened top? Thanks for the 411.

Jeep383-S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A 392, 1968 Plymouth Barracuda 383-S
Several questions here:

Does anyone know if the sliding rear window has defrost on it? I did not see defrost lines on it.

For the hard top versions I am wondering if you can stow the removable panels behind the rear seats.

Does anyone have a picture of a locking hard top toneau cover for the bed of the truck?

Anyone know where the jack is stowed? Love to see a picture of that.

Looks like you can’t get navigation on a Sport or a Sport S, correct?

Does anyone know if it’s a cap less gas filler? I saw a $54,000 regular Wrangler the other day and there was nothing to hold the gas cap to the gas door. So every time you fill up the gas cap had to dangle down and scratch the paint of a $55,000 Jeep.

And finally does anyone know if the rag top is a power opening top or is it a manually opened top? Thanks for the 411.
I’ll answer what I can:

Yes, the sliding rear window does appear to have a defrost on it.

You could probably fit the freedom panels in the back with the seats folded.

As of now there have not been any locking hard top toneau covers shown, but there will probably be some in the aftermarket.

The jack seems to be stored underneath the rear seats.

I’m not sure about the navigaton on the Sport and Sport S.

I dont think anyone knows about the gas cap yet.

The soft top is a manually opened top with different parts that you can remove.

F006A185-A5C3-4DE4-B251-89DACD293825.jpeg

E09B46B6-72A6-4309-8C31-05CB5DA4A29B.jpeg

B7C3E714-2595-459A-BB1A-A8BAA7DFB2ED.jpeg

60A30C89-CDD3-49D5-A764-4194FBB15DF8.jpeg

676E0AF5-4CEA-4BDE-B771-5BA7FEED80E0.jpeg

E2C6EADF-BAEE-471B-BB0B-C7A0527A5BD1.jpeg

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey Jay thanks for that reply and for your pictures. I can clearly see the jack. Just 2 last things. Do you by chance have a picture of the rear drink holders? And do you by chance know if the rear window of the rag top is made of glass or of plastic? I just saw a video which showed that rear window and it looked like glass. Would be great if it was made of glass and has rear defrost on it like many sports cars have. Can’t help but wonder.

E3133F6C-6FE9-4F3B-A3DC-8A5ABDD1FB43.png

Sponsored

rburton164

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 4runner
Hey Jay thanks for that reply and for your pictures. I can clearly see the jack. Just 2 last things. Do you by chance have a picture of the rear drink holders? And do you by chance know if the rear window of the rag top is made of glass or of plastic? I just saw a video which showed that rear window and it looked like glass. Would be great if it was made of glass and has rear defrost on it like many sports cars have. Can’t help but wonder.

E3133F6C-6FE9-4F3B-A3DC-8A5ABDD1FB43.png
I'd be really surprised if it's glass. I bet it's the exact set up as the JL Soft top.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I just saw a video that shows how the rag top opens manually. Would be great if they offered that power opening Sunrider version like they have on a normal Wrangler. I have seen many normal Wranglers with the rag tops folded open just on the top and the rags are just blowing open in the wind. Would not happen with the Sunrider version as it’s so many smaller folds in the top. And in that video I did see 2 rear drink holders on the rear floor and 2 other ones in the rear arm rest.

So just offer the Sunrider version and a glass rear window in that rag top and then I would be totally sold on a rag top version.

Really need to wait until someone comes out with a hard top tonneau cover so I can lock things up good and secure in the bed of the truck.

rburton164

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 4runner
I just saw a video that shows how the rag top opens manually. Would be great if they offered that power opening Sunrider version like they have on a normal Wrangler. I have seen many normal Wranglers with the rag tops folded open just on the top and the rags are just blowing open in the wind. Would not happen with the Sunrider version as it’s so many smaller folds in the top. And in that video I did see 2 rear drink holders on the rear floor and 2 other ones in the rear arm rest.

So just offer the Sunrider version and a glass rear window in that rag top and then I would be totally sold on a rag top version.

Really need to wait until someone comes out with a hard top tonneau cover so I can lock things up good and secure in the bed of the truck.
Is the video on Youtube?

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I just looked at a Mopar thread and they will have a 3 piece solid folding tonneau cover. Feel certain that it will lock. Would never get a canvas cover as that can be unlocked with any knife.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JLSahara 2018
Occupation
yes
How long is the bed? And are there going to make multiple bed lengths?

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation