YAMOD

First Name
Magnus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU 2015
Hi all

I'm planning to construct a custom Expedition Vehicle on Gladiator base.

General requirement is that it fits into a 20" container, provides inside sleeping space for 2 adults (optional 1-2 kids), built in amenities (cooking, fridge, toilet, shower, heating ...) and allow autonomy for 1-2 weeks.
Idea is to provide a stylish design in "Driving mode" and transform the look into a "Camping mode" with automatic swing out of side top and rear walls. Width would expand to 3m (~118") and length to the opened tailgate and inside height about ~80".

Thinkable is also having an upside down boat as top - hey why not!

Can someone provide a Mesh Models of a Jeep Gladiator to start Design with a 3D Software? There are some services offered like Proto3000 which builds 3d-Scanner for large objects.

Anybody interested in similar projects?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

YAMOD
Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Roof boat. Great idea! You have to YouTube the adventures

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, I'm no help on the 3D model. This sounds like a cool but complicated endeavor. Since you mention it has to fit into a 20' container, I'm assuming you are going to be shipping it to "remote" areas for overlanding? The custom nature of your build might become an issue on an adventure like those.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Hi all

General requirement is that it fits into a 20" container, provides inside sleeping space for 2 adults (optional 1-2 kids), built in amenities (cooking, fridge, toilet, shower, heating ...) and allow autonomy for 1-2 weeks.
Idea is to provide a stylish design in "Driving mode" and transform the look into a "Camping mode" with automatic swing out of side top and rear walls. Width would expand to 3m (~118") and length to the opened tailgate and inside height about ~80".

Can someone provide a Mesh Models of a Jeep Gladiator to start Design with a 3D Software? There are some services offered like Proto3000 which builds 3d-Scanner for large objects.

YAMOD
Hmmmm . . . . ? . . . . ! . . . . hmmm . . . . Switzerland . . . . sounds like you Have the "Means," . . . . so why not just "invent" your own "TRANSFORMER" GLADIATOR -- call it the "GladiFormer" or "Transiator" ! ? Or, you have Way Way Too Much Time on Your hands ? IF you ever get this done PLEASE be sure to post many pictures and include the Cost of such build !
It could possibly compete with the UniMog's and other such rigs for Over-landing .

Joihan777

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
We have a Roadtrek Class B RV. We are selling it because it doesn't have 4WD and our family is looking for more nature adventures. Look at something like this for ideas for overlanding. These have LOTS of creature comforts. We also spoke with Four Wheel Campers in Woodland, CA - they have nice small rigs, but they may not be able to build a Gladiator model because the lift gate is narrower than other midsize trucks.

2008 Roadtrek 190 Versatile.jpg

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
We have a Roadtrek Class B RV. We are selling it because it doesn't have 4WD and our family is looking for more nature adventures. Look at something like this for ideas for overlanding. These have LOTS of creature comforts. We also spoke with Four Wheel Campers in Woodland, CA - they have nice small rigs, but they may not be able to build a Gladiator model because the lift gate is narrower than other midsize trucks.

2008 Roadtrek 190 Versatile.jpg
Always wondered about having one like yours. At the time many years ago they were expensive but less so than larger variants. With the overlanding into it's severalish year, I'm now wondering if you can find a used rig and for how much?

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
We also spoke with Four Wheel Campers in Woodland, CA - they have nice small rigs, but they may not be able to build a Gladiator model because the lift gate is narrower than other midsize trucks.
Looking at the specs, the Gladiator's is a bit wider than the Tacoma, Colorado, and Ranger.

Gladiator: 56.8"
Tacoma: 55"
Colorado/Canyon: 55.5"
Ranger: 52.4"

Note: Gladiator specs could be wrong. Just going by what I can find.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
This is an example of a "flat bed" model on a Taco

Four Wheel Camper - Flat Bed Model.jpg
When I am old old this may happen. Always loved em and don't know why. Of course the vehicle would be jeep.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Hi all

YAMOD

YAMOD you might wan to look at what some of the safari compnies in Africa have in their rental fleet.
We have used Bushlore’s trucks which were very well outfitted 79 Series Land Cruisers which are roughly comparable to the Gladiator Rubicon. I believe their equipment on the LC’s are built by Alu-Cab a South African company.

https://bushlore.com/vehicles-equipped-4x4/

I’m not sure you’re going to be able to put a boat on top of anything you build with the JT and still fit it into a conex.
Best of luck with your build.

Sponsored

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Hi all

YAMOD

For a 3d model of the Gladiator checkout https://hum3d.com/3d-models/jeep-gladiator-2020/#360view

Koja

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydra Blue Gladiator (LEMON), 2021 Hydra blueJT 04 Rubicon, 04 Ultra classic
Occupation
Retired Sailor, what ever i can scrape together
Hi all

YAMOD
Not sure if this will fit your needs or not

Hydra canopy 1.jpg

Midwest Stinger

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport Base
Hi all

YAMOD
I have a very high quality FARO scanner that I could use and send you the file of my Sport trim if you are still in need of a 3D model. May take a while to get it to you though due to crazy work hours right now.

watermaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK
I have a very high quality FARO scanner that I could use and send you the file of my Sport trim if you are still in need of a 3D model. May take a while to get it to you though due to crazy work hours right now.
Hi mate, old post but any chance you ended up doing the 3d scan? Cheers
Sponsored