First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hey so I’m assuming you mean the Firecracker Red one with the ATV? Sorry my cameras pics might not have come out great. I’m assuming that one may have been a preproduction test mule as we have seen a number of non badged model Gladiators out on the streets. It looked to be a Rubicon. Had the red accents on the interior and lockers and all that.

Yeah the Jeeps took a beating at the show but so do most of the cars there. I think they had about 360,000 people go through the Autoshow this year and having people jump in and out of it all day long for two weeks with out a care in the world I can see why they were banged up. One of the Gladiators has a decent sized dent in the passenger side, I’m sure from some inconsiderate person.

These are the best pictures I have of that area.

The rear seat is spacious and I’d say you should be able to fit 3 adults back there based on the size. You’d have to slightly straddle the cup holders but there was a lot of leg room. Seems like a lot more than the JL.

Awesome pics...Two questions:

First: The Punk'in JT: what trim level? No Rubi sticker, but looks like a Rubi vented hood. (could be a Canada-only trim? or Aftermarket hood?)

Second question (in 27 parts...): The cupholders in the back seat look like they are on the floorboard, and already beat up just at the car show. Do you have any pictures across the back seat where you can see them? Is there room for a real person to sit in the middle, or do they have to straddle them, or would kids destroy them?

Inquiring minds want to know.
C8700054-8233-4C12-B1D6-321190897101.jpeg

08CEBBFF-16C6-4045-B17F-1A0CF401DFC4.jpeg

7D87B51D-F6DE-4B5D-9EC7-3826F590D134.jpeg

E3CADAB5-F182-4982-87B8-27E4FC2A6DAD.jpeg
Sponsored

Doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Audi A4
I'm still excited about the Gladiator but a little less so after seeing these pictures. Mainly the red one with the quad in the back. That is a little 250 quad. I'm pretty sure an average adult sport quad would be too wide. Same goes for 500cc and up utility 4x4 quads. The length is there, just not the width. I'll still reserve judgement until I check it out in person.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
I'm still excited about the Gladiator but a little less so after seeing these pictures. Mainly the red one with the quad in the back. That is a little 250 quad. I'm pretty sure an average adult sport quad would be too wide. Same goes for 500cc and up utility 4x4 quads. The length is there, just not the width. I'll still reserve judgement until I check it out in person.
44½" between the wheel wells, so a full size quad will probably not fit

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
flat bed, or make a platform that sits on top of the bed, may need to reenforce the side rails.

Sponsored

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
flat bed, or make a platform that sits on top of the bed, may need to reenforce the side rails.
It would work with those Decked things:

55797bc5-mopar-accessories-for-2020-jeep-gladiator-5-jpg.jpg

So just spend another grand+ on the Decked and a couple hundred more on some long-ass ramps lol

Nick1941

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Im being lazy but is the gladiator bed basically the same as all the other midsized pickups? Might need a full size truck to fit a full size quad w/o some modifications. I like dirt bikes anyway :)

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Why not just throw some ply back there for a platform?
What about the decked box?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Hey so I’m assuming you mean the Firecracker Red one with the ATV? Sorry my cameras pics might not have come out great. I’m assuming that one may have been a preproduction test mule as we have seen a number of non badged model Gladiators out on the streets. It looked to be a Rubicon. Had the red accents on the interior and lockers and all that.

Yeah the Jeeps took a beating at the show but so do most of the cars there. I think they had about 360,000 people go through the Autoshow this year and having people jump in and out of it all day long for two weeks with out a care in the world I can see why they were banged up. One of the Gladiators has a decent sized dent in the passenger side, I’m sure from some inconsiderate person.

These are the best pictures I have of that area.

The rear seat is spacious and I’d say you should be able to fit 3 adults back there based on the size. You’d have to slightly straddle the cup holders but there was a lot of leg room. Seems like a lot more than the JL.

C8700054-8233-4C12-B1D6-321190897101.jpeg

08CEBBFF-16C6-4045-B17F-1A0CF401DFC4.jpeg

7D87B51D-F6DE-4B5D-9EC7-3826F590D134.jpeg

E3CADAB5-F182-4982-87B8-27E4FC2A6DAD.jpeg
I asked this a while back, if the JT seats just float when in the down position. I mentioned the ridgeline 1st Gen anyway had a bar that flipped down for the seats to be supported. Somebody said all the truck manufacturers have floating seats now with no front support.....

Well from your pictures it looks like jeep built a support out of that "half box" divider thingy.

Can you confirm if the seats do rest on that divider, or on the lockable box in other models?

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I didn't have a lockable box back there, and the seats do float and don't need front support, I might be inclined to take that "half box" divider thingy out. You'd have more width back there for the times you wanna put, say, a dehumidifier into your vehicle to take over to your inlaws because their basement flooded again. and didn't want it banging around in the bed. Other scenarios come to mind too.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I would guess that the rear seats do not rest on the box. Simple reason is because the box is designed to be removed completely.

Nick1941

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Anyone else wish they did a Ram box type storage in the bed? Just thinking out loud but the ability to store some tools without giving up bed or rear seat storage comes to mind. Also would be cool to throw a 30 in there to stay cold during tailgating or camping;).

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
The divider Half box thing they had was very flimsy. It looks more as a place to just have some gear under the seat and not really a seat support at all.

I asked this a while back, if the JT seats just float when in the down position. I mentioned the ridgeline 1st Gen anyway had a bar that flipped down for the seats to be supported. Somebody said all the truck manufacturers have floating seats now with no front support.....

Well from your pictures it looks like jeep built a support out of that "half box" divider thingy.

Can you confirm if the seats do rest on that divider, or on the lockable box in other models?

Jeep you tips up

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS 2.0
I was there also and sat in about 40 vehicles. Only the JT felt 'solid' everything else felt cheap and plastically.

I also drive a 2013 Mitsu Outlander, which I love. 100k kms, and 0 issues, and even the new model of that was a POS to be honest.

... waiting for diesel gator, so maybe next year....one day, you will be mine!
20190221_105753.jpg
Sponsored