Jeep J6 Concept 2-Door Pickup Revealed

Slacker90

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK Unlimited X, 2020 JTR
I have hope that FCA will put the J6 into production. I remember when Chrysler introduced the 4 door wrangler to the public as a concept vehicle. At that time many folks said it would never make it to production for all sorts of rational and irrational reasons. The 2007 2 door wrangler JK was introduced by Chrysler in late 2006 with no mention of a 4 door ever being offered. At the time, I was holding out that they would offer the 4 door as well which they eventually did.
Your timeline with the JKU might be a little off...My JKU had a manufacture date of 09/2006
Sponsored

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
I have hope that FCA will put the J6 into production. I remember when Chrysler introduced the 4 door wrangler to the public as a concept vehicle. At that time many folks said it would never make it to production for all sorts of rational and irrational reasons. The 2007 2 door wrangler JK was introduced by Chrysler in late 2006 with no mention of a 4 door ever being offered. At the time, I was holding out that they would offer the 4 door as well which they eventually did.
Yep you're correct - here is a photo from 1997 ----
jeep-dakar.jpg

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
I hope they build it - constant pressure on the management at FCA is required. Remember, the management at FCA and the previous owners of Jeep said for years that another Jeep pickup truck was not viable. There was "no profit model for a truck"; "the market won't support it"; "a Jeep pickup won't sell"; "there aren't enough buyers"; and on and on they went.

However, pressure was applied and constant input from customers saying they wanted a pickup and low and behold here we are today with Jeep pickups being delivered to dealers!!!!

The same thing can happen with a two door cab offering or an extended cab or the crew chief being built - we as customers need to show them we'll buy these vehicles if they build them!
They built it because the mid-size crew cab truck market exploded.

Dash68

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR
Occupation
Astronaut
Your timeline with the JKU might be a little off...My JKU had a manufacture date of 09/2006
Yes, can't remember the exact time line of the introduction of the JK and the JKU but I do know that Chrysler introduced the JK before the JKU.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Yes, can't remember the exact time line of the introduction of the JK and the JKU but I do know that Chrysler introduced the JK before the JKU.
The JK was introduced at the 2006 Detroit auto show, and the JKU was introduced a few months later (April 12 to be exact) at the 2006 New York show - happy 13th birthday BTW!!!

Both were available for purchase in August ‘06 as ‘07 models.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I have not followed this at all becasue its based on a Wrangler chassis, so it'll never tow/haul as much as the JT :LOL:

But i did find it funny that he says the Gladiator's gas tank door is notched, lol

LMFAO,he calls the LED lights squircles!

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's a direct quote from the boys at "TFL (the fast lane) Truck" website:

"Journalists begged Jeep to build the J6. The Jeep J6 concept is, by far, their most popular vehicle at this year’s Easter Jeep Safari."

They were in attendance at Moab last weekend and saw the vehicles first- hand and they drove each one. Regardless of what naysayers are spouting - I firmly believe the longer bed, alternative cab configurations ARE HAPPENING. There just too much enthusiasm in the market for Jeep to ignore!

Sponsored

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have not followed this at all becasue its based on a Wrangler chassis, so it'll never tow/haul as much as the JT :LOL:

But i did find it funny that he says the Gladiator's gas tank door is notched, lol

LMFAO,he calls the LED lights squircles!
I don't know how you can say that about the tow/haul stats for the J6- here's a direct quote from the very article that had the video you attached:

"While power comes from the same 3.6-liter V6 that powers the regular Wrangler JL and Gladiator (along with the eight-speed automatic transmission) – it hauls a lot. According to Jeep, the Jeep J6 two-door pickup truck concept can tow 7,650 lbs and haul a payload of 1,600 lbs. That’s outstanding in any market"

Deleted member 18061

Canned response from Jeep said:
Thank you for contacting the Jeep Product Information Center. We sincerely regret our delayed response.

It is great to read of your interest in the Jeep J6 Concept!

The Jeep J6 concept vehicle is being introduced at the 53rd annual Easter Jeep Safari that is taking place April 13th-21st. The Jeep J6 mixes classic Jeep truck styling with concept and production Jeep Performance Parts and accessories from Mopar. As the Jeep J6 vehicle is a concept vehicle there is no pricing or production data available and no information has been provided indicating the availability of this concept vehicle for the retail market in the future.

FCA US LLC genuinely values consumer feedback and comments like yours are one way to learn of consumer desires. The information received is used in product development and market analysis. Many of our concept vehicles have made it to market, such as the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, the Dodge Challenger, and the Chrysler PT Cruiser. We have documented your interest and will make it available to the product planning team.

Please feel free to sign up for updates on the Jeep brand by visiting https://www.jeep.com/sufu.html. By signing up, you will receive a quarterly eNewsletter with updates and information as it becomes available on new vehicles, special offers, upcoming events, and more.

If you have any further product questions, we would be happy to address them with you. You may reach us directly with your questions at the Jeep Product Information Center by calling 1-800-247-9753.
Still worth contacting them to let them know we are interested...

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I don't know how you can say that about the tow/haul stats for the J6- here's a direct quote from the very article that had the video you attached:

"While power comes from the same 3.6-liter V6 that powers the regular Wrangler JL and Gladiator (along with the eight-speed automatic transmission) – it hauls a lot. According to Jeep, the Jeep J6 two-door pickup truck concept can tow 7,650 lbs and haul a payload of 1,600 lbs. That’s outstanding in any market"
lol, it was a joke because the wrangler can't tow/haul anywhere near the JT, and it said it was based on the Wrangler. I didn't actually read, nor watch the whole thing as i doubt it'll ever be built for public consumption.

I do stand corrected, this ONE OF A KIND CUSTOM J6 can tow/haul as much as the JT.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Why does this look like a cartoon?........... Oh right cuz it's not real. Keep dreaming.......... Lol

Posting for my bud 2015er: :LOL:

2015er.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited: