Front coil spring bow just like the JL once lifted

kyleking777

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKRU
After lifting my gladiator, I have a severe bow in my front cool springs. However, from what I’ve seen on the JLs, the coil bows outward away from the from. However, mine are bowing toward the frame on both sides. Anybody else having this issue?
Sponsored

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2018 MegaCab, 2020 Gladiator
Did you replace the lower coil spring isolators? Do you have them indexed properly? Are the springs indexed to the isolators correctly? Are the upper spring isolators installed/indexed properly with the nubs in the correct holes? Got any pictures? <insert popcorn emoji>

OP
OP
kyleking777

kyleking777

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKRU
Did you change control arms?
Yes, upper and lower.

Did you replace the lower coil spring isolators? Do you have them indexed properly? Are the springs indexed to the isolators correctly? Are the upper spring isolators installed/indexed properly with the nubs in the correct holes? Got any pictures? <insert popcorn emoji>
I did replace the lower isolators with the ones that came with the evo Coils. I confirmed with Evo that they are daystar could isolators. Yes they are indexed at both the upper and lower indexes. Isolators are also indexed into their factory locations. I’ll try to get some pictures.

Here is my best guess. So on the JLs, from what I’ve seen. The coils actually bow away from the from. Mine are bowing toward the frame almost touching the game actually. So I’m kind of guessing that the daystar isolators account for the outward bow and have added height on the side each isolator away from the frame ,vs the factory isolators. And it may be over compensating and pushing the coils too far toward the frame.

I can’t imagine anybody can visualize what I just typed lol.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
just curious what lift you installed?

Sponsored

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2018 MegaCab, 2020 Gladiator
Adjust your trackbar.... Hard to tell from the pictures but what I see is the axle being too far to the driver side causing the springs to be all wonky.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
Adjust your trackbar.... Hard to tell from the pictures but what I see is the axle being too far to the driver side causing the springs to be all wonky.
It looks off center to me as well, but could just be the angle of the pics.
Also daystar makes two different isolators. One for the Mopar coils, and another set for "aftermarket" coils. The Mopar coils are notorious for their extreme outwards bow while most aftermarket I've tried are not.

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
What did EVO say?

copejc

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara
Any updates I'm having the same issue. Looks identical on 2.5 inch kit.

Sponsored

smess

Do you have an electronic sway bar disconnect?

With that much lift did it come with longer sway bar quick connects?

OP
OP
kyleking777

kyleking777

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKRU
Have been working with EVO on this. Have gotten three alignments adjusting things to try and correct it with no luck. EVO has sent me a replacement coil, Will report back if that is the issue. As of now, bow remains

smess

I see a stock sway bar disconnect in pic and eco kit says it comes with replacement ones. I could be wrong but springs do that when the track bar needs adjustment or they are being limited but I don't think anyone would have gotten the spring back in if something was being limited that much.

smess

axle needs to go towards pass side would help but not sure it would make it perfect. those coils are stuffed in there, they look like they are being restricted.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT, 1999 Jeep TJ, 2018 Mercedes GLS450
After lifting my gladiator, I have a severe bow in my front cool springs. However, from what I’ve seen on the JLs, the coil bows outward away from the from. However, mine are bowing toward the frame on both sides. Anybody else having this issue?
Same issue here. Have you found a good fix. Evo recommended I try the day star bow correction kit. Mine is also inner bow against the frame. Both sides rub when compressed. Axle is centered with Evo adj track bar.
Sponsored