Sponsored

Best wax

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT

Sponsored

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
How many coats
I find that to get the best shine and protection it does take a couple coats but a cannuba wax does take a few hours to set after you buff to a shine. So when I was prepping for a concourse I would wax then clean the rest of the vehicle over a couple of days then go back and wax again. This is the only wax and procedure I found to give my white vehicle a real pop

OP
OP
wallinger61

wallinger61

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I find that to get the best shine and protection it does take a couple coats but a cannuba wax does take a few hours to set after you buff to a shine. So when I was prepping for a concourse I would wax then clean the rest of the vehicle over a couple of days then go back and wax again. This is the only wax and procedure I found to give my white vehicle a real pop
Thank you for your help

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I have gone for a couple week process. First I clay barred the entire truck then applied Chemical Guys Jet Seal. After letting cure for a few days (If I recall the seal asked for 72 hours) During the next wash I went ahead and applied Turtle Wax Ice Black that I had been using for years on my JK. After another week or two I added a coat of Turtle Wax Seal N Shine. Most maintenance washes I use Meguires wash and wax. All of the products went on and came off pretty easily (just have some spare microfiber towels and give it a double rub to be sure). Water beads up like a champ and for regular washes a small pressure washer takes care of most everything and the worst part is keeping ahead of the water spots because I am too cheap to pay for the water filter systems. My only thoughts at the moment would be if I should do a stripping wash and repeat the above process before winter. Normally I do all of this once a year right before winter but I just did all this when I bought the JT a few months ago,

I was tempted to go with more expensive products (chemical guys jet seal was the only somewhat expensive product) but the other products did so well with my JK that people were surprised to find out it was 9 years old with no handheld buffers or paint corrections. All in all there is no "best" as everyone has different expectations for looks, application process, etc. and this is what I have found works well without buying hundreds of dollars of chemicals and such. I will admit that I did splurge on new brushes, wash mitts, and microfiber towels just so I was not bringing any crud onto the new baby.

Most everything I have should last me well over a year and I will honestly admit I have possibly washed the JT already more than I did my JK last year.

OP
OP
wallinger61

wallinger61

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I have gone for a couple week process. First I clay barred the entire truck then applied Chemical Guys Jet Seal. After letting cure for a few days (If I recall the seal asked for 72 hours) During the next wash I went ahead and applied Turtle Wax Ice Black that I had been using for years on my JK. After another week or two I added a coat of Turtle Wax Seal N Shine. Most maintenance washes I use Meguires wash and wax. All of the products went on and came off pretty easily (just have some spare microfiber towels and give it a double rub to be sure). Water beads up like a champ and for regular washes a small pressure washer takes care of most everything and the worst part is keeping ahead of the water spots because I am too cheap to pay for the water filter systems. My only thoughts at the moment would be if I should do a stripping wash and repeat the above process before winter. Normally I do all of this once a year right before winter but I just did all this when I bought the JT a few months ago,

I was tempted to go with more expensive products (chemical guys jet seal was the only somewhat expensive product) but the other products did so well with my JK that people were surprised to find out it was 9 years old with no handheld buffers or paint corrections. All in all there is no "best" as everyone has different expectations for looks, application process, etc. and this is what I have found works well without buying hundreds of dollars of chemicals and such. I will admit that I did splurge on new brushes, wash mitts, and microfiber towels just so I was not bringing any crud onto the new baby.

Most everything I have should last me well over a year and I will honestly admit I have possibly washed the JT already more than I did my JK last year.
Thanks the clay bar is were I got stuck finding out the difference the hard way

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Thanks the clay bar is were I got stuck finding out the difference the hard way
My pleasure. Many people don't realize what a difference it makes even on a brand new vehicle and I credit that to why my 2011 JK was shining so well when I traded it in on the JT. It just gets all kinds of bits you didn't know were there until you start feeling the clay start to slide.

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Best wax is such a subjective question, depending on how much effort you want to put into it, what results you want, and how often you want to reapply, not to mention what color the car is.

Wolfgang makes awesome products, HD Speed is a great cleaner wax, meguiars fast finish is great for a quick layer of protection, it all depends what you're looking to put into it and what you want to get out of it. I could go on all day detailing is my passion lol.
Sponsored