Sponsored

Smoky Mountain Overland Build

TeamHemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Really like that Vector OffRoad Curve, looks very useful for many different things.
What hardware are you using to mount things on it and are they a separate purchase?
Sponsored

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
Really like that Vector OffRoad Curve, looks very useful for many different things.
What hardware are you using to mount things on it and are they a separate purchase?
I'm using a mixture of RAM Mounts (Tablet and GoPro) and 67 Designs Mounts (Phone). A lot of people swear by 67D, and they definitely make an impressive product. RAM Mounts are significantly less expensive, though, so it kind of depends on your budget and what you value!

I'd be happy to take a few detailed pictures for you, if you want!

TeamHemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
That would be awesome as I would like to mount my GoPro, my cellphone and a tablet to start.

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
That would be awesome as I would like to mount my GoPro, my cellphone and a tablet to start.
That's exactly what we have. I'll take a few pictures tomorrow for you!

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
Hit the trails this weekend with fellow forum member @Renegade. Here are a few pictures of the Evo Overland Stage 1 kit in action. I'll be posting an installation/initial impressions write up soon, so if you're looking at Evo, hopefully it will help! Also, feel free to ask any questions about the lift, the Milestar Patagonias, or anything else that piques your interest!

P1020176-2.jpg

P1020205.jpg

P1020207.jpg

P1020210.jpg

Sponsored

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
I see Florida plates! Where are you wheelin'?

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
Chattanooga, TN. I split my time between here and central Florida, so if you know of any good wheeling down there let me know!
Where in Chattanooga? I'm not far from there, and I've been looking for some places.

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
Where in Chattanooga? I'm not far from there, and I've been looking for some places.
There are a few spots in Prentice Cooper State Forest. If you're ever around and want to hit a trail, I'd be happy to show you!

Sponsored

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
There are a few spots in Prentice Cooper State Forest. If you're ever around and want to hit a trail, I'd be happy to show you!
Sounds great! I'll give you a holler next time I make it up there!

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
Awesome rig! How do you like the EVO kit? Which shocks did you choose to run and whatā€™s the lengths fully extended and collapsed? Iā€™m at a cross road between them or the Rock Krawler X factor.

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
Awesome rig! How do you like the EVO kit? Which shocks did you choose to run and whatā€™s the lengths fully extended and collapsed? Iā€™m at a cross road between them or the Rock Krawler X factor.
Love the kit so far. I went with shock extensions for now, so I can't help with that question. Planning to wait for Falcon adjustables to arrive on the market. Kings are too pricey for my blood, but I have my heart set on adjustables just because I've never run any before.

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
Love the kit so far. I went with shock extensions for now, so I can't help with that question. Planning to wait for Falcon adjustables to arrive on the market. Kings are too pricey for my blood, but I have my heart set on adjustables just because I've never run any before.
Thanks! Assuming Fox factory rubicon shocks and not the Mopar lift ones. If so I may go that route.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Spent the week doing a few installations. First, the Vector OffRoad Curve. Installation was straightforward and easy. I've been running their JKE-Dock for a while in my JKU, and it's honestly irreplaceable if you use Gaia GPS for navigation or film while driving.

The second installation was a beast. Evo's 2.5" Overland Stage 1 kit. Did it in the driveway with a few friends, and it was a monumental project given our resources and minimal experience. Can't beat the results, though! Wheel and tire combo is 17x9 Black Rhino York Wheels wrapped in 38x13.5 Milestar Patagonias. They clear at full lock. Haven't flexed the new setup out all the way yet, but there appears to be plenty of room!

IMG_20190827_102645_481.jpg

IMG_20190901_131328_014.jpg

IMG_20190826_094057_204.jpg
Beast Mode! Great Build - keep it up on IG and here!
Sponsored