Stock Firecracker Red Gladiators conquer the Rubicon

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
It looks like that fancy belly pan or that 2" Mopar lift isn't necessary from the looks of this. Just Gladiators having old fashioned fun with what they brung.
4LA49HG.png

UNHqYyr.png

xdVnV0s.png

From the looks of it, don't change out those Falkens for BFG KO²'s just yet!
Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Most basic trails make the Rubicon more than capable to go through like butter but I get where people lift 2 inches and add bigger tires.you never know when you will need that extra room to go over a rock or barely get away from hitting your back end. Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it. Awesome pic

OP
OP
Desert Outlaw

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Most basic trails make the Rubicon more than capable to go through like butter but I get where people lift 2 inches and add bigger tires.you never know when you will need that extra room to go over a rock or barely get away from hitting your back end. Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it. Awesome pic
I agree, but people get caught with the idea that their capable rig isn't unless they spend another $20k and don't realize the fun they could be having otherwise.

Punkin Luvin

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punkin Gladiator S, 2019 Bikini Rubi JL, 1969 Bronco, 1965 Vert Chevelle, 1968 Nova, 1964 Vert Falcon, 1971 Bronco, 1976 FJ40
Conquering the rubicon is a relative phrase. Running from Wentworth springs or ice house out Cadillac in a stock rubi gladiator would be incredibly impressive. I could only imagine the thrashed rails/rockers/bedsides/quarters/etc upon completion lol. There are definitely areas where they can go in but I definitely wouldn't call it a conquer.

Sponsored

Craig rubi

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Haha..rubi is always gonna win in the end..
For a multitude of reasons.

Daddy's Toy

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Launch
Am I wrong in thinking? Buy yourself a 2"-3" lift and then replace the stock 33s with 35s and you will actually only increase ground clearance by 1". Even if you brute it up with 37s that will only increase clearance by 2". If you air down the big brutes for the trail, then you'll be loosing some of that increased height. Aside from looking really cool, is it beneficial enough to pay out the extra thousands for 1 to 2 inches. I've got the itch to, but this is just a thought. Also, my dealer said a Rubicon will run 35s without a lift and you would still benefit 1" clearance. Any thoughts?

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Am I wrong in thinking? Buy yourself a 2"-3" lift and then replace the stock 33s with 35s and you will actually only increase ground clearance by 1". Even if you brute it up with 37s that will only increase clearance by 2". If you air down the big brutes for the trail, then you'll be loosing some of that increased height. Aside from looking really cool, is it beneficial enough to pay out the extra thousands for 1 to 2 inches. I've got the itch to, but this is just a thought. Also, my dealer said a Rubicon will run 35s without a lift and you would still benefit 1" clearance. Any thoughts?
Well, bottom of the differentials, you're right. Strictly overall clearance it's true. But what you gain in angles is quite a bit more.

So if what you're driving over goes under the tires, the differential clearance doesn't matter as much and you have a lot more clearance everywhere else. It's a huge improvement on a vehicle this long and with a big rear overhang. So my Mopar lift that actually lifts about 3" plus 2" more tire, everything frame up is now 5 inches higher.

Your itch is legit. Scratch it! :like:

Daddy's Toy

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Launch
Well, bottom of the differentials, you're right. Strictly overall clearance it's true. But what you gain in angles is quite a bit more.

So if what you're driving over goes under the tires, the differential clearance doesn't matter as much and you have a lot more clearance everywhere else. It's a huge improvement on a vehicle this long and with a big rear overhang. So my Mopar lift that actually lifts about 3" plus 2" more tire, everything frame up is now 5 inches higher.

Your itch is legit. Scratch it! :like:

Gunlovebirds1024

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Having run a couple moderate trails and scrapped the bottom on “speed bumps”, the extra inch or two are worth it to me. The break over is what really gets me. It isn’t the trail and traversing natural obstacles; it’s the humps someone put out there for dirt bikes to jump and to slow jeeps down.

92D3471E-6221-4C13-9F2F-F72147289A4D.jpeg